Topic Sponsor
Southwest AZ, CA, HI, NM, NV, UT

Question about dealers and keys in AZ.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about dealers and keys in AZ.

I just picked up my 2010 f150 xlt s-crew from Peoria ford. It was the managers vehicle and had a few miles on it. When I picked it up they said they only had 1 key for it. They said they can give me a discount and give me the key and program it for $100. Does that sound right? I really want a second key "just in case" but to charge me that much after I just bought the truck seems wrong. They won't budge on it either. I'm planning on picking up a new raptor next year and I won't be going there but that doesn't rally help me now. Suggestions?
Old 03-18-2011, 11:22 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dotcomdewd
I just picked up my 2010 f150 xlt s-crew from Peoria ford. It was the managers vehicle and had a few miles on it. When I picked it up they said they only had 1 key for it. They said they can give me a discount and give me the key and program it for $100. Does that sound right? I really want a second key "just in case" but to charge me that much after I just bought the truck seems wrong. They won't budge on it either. I'm planning on picking up a new raptor next year and I won't be going there but that doesn't rally help me now. Suggestions?
so was it a demo...... or was it used?
sounds like a demo..... mine was a demo the parts manager drove it had 4,000 miles on it. If it was a demo, i would request a second key and remote period......
Old 03-19-2011, 03:08 PM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Should demand the key for buying the truck period.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:15 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

The dealer I work at supplies two keys even with the used cars. I'd call BS and raise hell until they gave me one for free.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:17 AM

They are not working with me at all on this. I have talked to 4 people now and I keep getting the excuse "we gave the vehicle to you for such a good price if we threw in the key we would lose money on the deal...". Oh well. I will spend the $100 on the key and next year when I'm looking to upgrade my truck i won't be looking at Peoria ford.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:30 AM
December 2009 TOTM!

I'd tell them, "Well at such a good price, when I go to get my wife a car, or another vehical I WILL NOT buy it from you. Oh, and I let alot of AZ Ford owners know about you, and word of mouth travels... so have fun, a-holes!" lol..
Old 03-21-2011, 01:43 AM

And now for the icing on the cake. I got a letter from them saying I owed $200 and they demanded it now. I called up and the lady said they misplaced my paperwork and it took 3 weeks to pay off my other vehicle and the payoff was only good for 10 days. I argued that it wasn't my fault, I signed and paid everything. I even gave and extra $250 just in case the payoff wasn't right (which they said would get sent to me if it was an overage). So we left it at them, checking with the business office to see what they can do. I told them to go pound sand because I'm not paying another penny to them.

I love my ford but hate my ford dealer......
Old 03-21-2011, 10:57 PM
December 2009 TOTM!

Go to BBB, Better Business Bureu or whatever and complain. F that ****.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:06 PM

i would make it well known that you are planing to purchase the SVT Raptor and that if they do not give you a key you will be going elsewhere to make that purchase...

The key is approx $40 and the programming is 100% labor so they can do it for free...
Old 08-15-2011, 12:36 AM

I had this same problem. I bought a demo Edge (2008) for my wife. They only had one key as well. The only way they would have given me a second key was if I added the price of a new key and the programming into my purchase price. I was not even about to pay for that key for the next 5 years...

Quick Reply: Question about dealers and keys in AZ.