Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Window not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 04:25 PM
obc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window not working

I have a 2008 f150 and the left side back seat window stopped working.There were no issues prior to this. I took apart the drivers side switch and cleaned the contacts and now all I hear is a single clicking sound at the back seat window when the button is pushed in either the up or down position. Any ideas.
Thank you
Old 05-06-2013, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a similar thing happen, couldn't tell you whether mine had a clicking noise but the window would go down but not back up again. Took mine to Ford and it turned out to be the regulator and motor, cost a pretty penny.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Check the wires in every door boot. I had my Passenger side window act up and just stop working one day and it turned out to be a broken wire in the driver door boot. It was a wire from the master switch in the drivers door to the passenger side.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:28 PM

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by dge1993
Check the wires in every door boot. I had my Passenger side window act up and just stop working one day and it turned out to be a broken wire in the driver door boot. It was a wire from the master switch in the drivers door to the passenger side.

I have something similar going on as we speak. Except mine go down when they want to and it is a tossup on if they will come back up. The short I have is a wire in the boot on the drivers side, just haven't had the time to take it in and have it traced down. Reason I know where it is, is when I was coming home from work on a Friday evening the windows were down, I get home and they wouldn't go back up. I got to jiggling the boot in the drivers side and that worked to at least get them up.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:23 PM

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by BUCKSHOT
I have something similar going on as we speak. Except mine go down when they want to and it is a tossup on if they will come back up. The short I have is a wire in the boot on the drivers side, just haven't had the time to take it in and have it traced down. Reason I know where it is, is when I was coming home from work on a Friday evening the windows were down, I get home and they wouldn't go back up. I got to jiggling the boot in the drivers side and that worked to at least get them up.
Had the same thing happen to me, Inside the switch there is a plastic detent and spring. The detent was worn at an angle inside of rounded
Old 05-07-2013, 10:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just repaired wires in the driver door boot. Passenger window would go down but not up. Had two broken wires. Its like Ford used home grade wires that are very stiff. I expect that this is going to continue to be a problem.

Quick Reply: Window not working