Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Where to start??

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to start??

hey y'all!! I just got a 2006 STX and I wanna start changing things up.. I have never done anything on my own before but I want to.. I am not real sure where to start.. I do like to do a little off roading but it is also my everyday vehicle too... I wanna slowly work my way up to bigger projects on it so i was wondering if y'all any suggestions on where I could start, nothing to complicated... Thanks
Old 05-24-2010, 03:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would start by adding a cold air intake. There not too expensive and easy to put in.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:31 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

The first step you need to accomplish is to decide if you want to go after performance first or style. Visit some local weekend shows in your area to gain some ideas, and to talk with those who have done the types of mods your interested in doing on your truck.

As to performance mods, intake, exhaust, and tuners are the three most popular changes folks do to their trucks.

Use the search on this forum and lookup CAI, exhaust, and tuners. Then sit back and read the hundreds of posts that have come up on them in the past few years! As long as your willing to read, you can get lots of ideas for your truck.

Welcome aboard!

Quick Reply: Where to start??