Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

WHACK!!!! why to stick with a ford

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 12:37 AM
stirring it up a little

Location: from fenton mi. currently lima ohio for school and work
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WHACK!!!! why to stick with a ford

so last night i was drivin back down to school in my truck it was like 130 in the morning, i was on the expessway goin like 75ish then whack two dear jump out 10 yards in front of me... i clipped one, totally smashed into the other...as im pullin over in thinkin dammit dammit dammit my trucks done total pobably got the radiator the ac condensor everything, i get out and all that got damageed were the upper and lower valances and the bumper, i had a chevy silverado i had a similar accedient with but far more damage. im am sold of ford trucks from here on out. lol its an 06 xlt crew cab and im thinkin this is gunna be the best time to switch to an 08 FX4 front end...blessing in desguise maybe haha seriously though amazed how safe this truck really is i mean hittin a 300 lbs object goin that fast with only minor damage im sold from now on
Old 05-27-2009, 09:20 AM

nice maybe you should think about getting a steel bumper then you wont have to worry about hitting anything
Old 05-27-2009, 11:05 AM

i love my ford... some girl at my school years ago drove right along my rear bumber. I saw her car before I saw mine. Her car was all messed up side mirror ripped off, door bent halfway in, all along the side of her car. When I approached my car I had a lil scratch of paint that came off my bumber and thats that.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Blue Chrome

I too love Ford and wouldn't drive anything else.

My mother had a 2005 explorer and she was in traffic on a bridge waiting for traffic to move forward because of a red light and a chevy express van nailed the back of her explorer going about 50 the chevy express van was totaled and the explorer had good damage to the rear end but, ended up being fixed 2 weeks later. The bumper was pretty much annihilated and the back windows shattered on impact. My mom really felt that the explorer protected her and saved her life. Idiot chevy driver ended up losing his license. My mother ended up buying an 07 explorer and wouldn't give it up for anything.

Well here's my other little story involving tundras. I was driving home from a friends house down the highway when I saw a toyota tundra that had rear ended an old school camry, looked like a 95 or so. The tundra had very bad damage to the front end the bumper fell off, the hood was smashed in and the fenders were bent. It really looked to me like the tundra was totaled from hitting a little camry, to me that's very unsafe.

So in all to my family Ford is the way to go. I have an 08 f150, my dad has a 99 f150, and my mom of course with the 07 explorer.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Justin

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DiCe08
Well here's my other little story involving tundras. I was driving home from a friends house down the highway when I saw a toyota tundra that had rear ended an old school camry, looked like a 95 or so. The tundra had very bad damage to the front end the bumper fell off, the hood was smashed in and the fenders were bent. It really looked to me like the tundra was totaled from hitting a little camry, to me that's very unsafe.
Well, considering the way the tailgates buckle under the slightest of weight, this comes as no surprise to me. Bet that will be one expensive bill to repair that Tundra.

Talk to another guy on a Tundra site who owns an '07 CrewMAx and brags up & down about it about this and that. Typical Tundra owner that thinks his truck is flawless. Well he also hit a buck out in the Virginia area, if I remember correctly. Cost him somewhere between $5-$7K to fix.

Oh and Matt06XLT, hope you're okay and you get the truck back to looking new. What type of '08 front end items are you wanting to replace the '06 with? Only difference I can think of is possibly the grille, whether it be the FX4 or FX2 or the chromed grille like DiCe08 has above, other than the standard honeycome grille.

Last edited by MHC-F150; 05-27-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Its a Canes Thing.

well i dont know if this would work but you know how they get all caught up in the lights and wanna go to heaven kinda early? this might seem to much like a movie but ive always wanted to know if you turn off your headlights and honk would they snap out of it and try to move?? lol
Old 05-27-2009, 01:59 PM
^ drinks KC Tea

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i almost drove onto my friends audi. i pushed the engine off its mounts and smashed everything except the bumper lol my truck went right over his bumper cuz his car was so low and i didnt even get a dent in my bumper. sad part is he got it out of the shop that day since his brother crashed it lol. 7500 to fix it so they totaled it
Attached Images  
Old 05-27-2009, 05:09 PM

was helping my gf move over a year ago, and a guy driving a chevy express backed out of the parking spot and slammed into my truck.. pushed my truck 2 feet at least to the side, (it was snowy, and white truck in the snow is kinda harder to see first thing in the am with a hangover) all i have is a little dent on the rear drivers side corner, his door is all bent to **** now, and his rear window smashed.... aside from the spark plug problem, i really do like this truck for that....
Old 05-27-2009, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got a story for ya'll

toyata tundra(08,and remember the truck of the year,lol)hits me(06xlt) from behind when i had to lock up my brakes from hitting the car in front of my(camery)tundra hits me doing about 55.Got out to assess the damage,my tail gate took the brunt of the damage.Ya'll should have seen his front end,broke the motor mounts to where his whole ingine pushed back about an inch rendering it useless to drive.Ya'll should have seen his whole font end,the body damage was also so bad that the energy from the accedent reached to his front doors,also his frame ended up being warped from the accedent.Only damage to mine,the tailgate and back bumber,and also towing hitch.I was able to drive it the shop to get fixed.And go ****ign figure ya'll,guess what i got for a loaner truck(a **** ing 08 tundra.Yes ya'll dont worry i did us ford guys proud.i off roaded the **** out of it for the two weeks untill i got my truck back.Lets just say when i took it back it never drove the same the guy told me when he called me to ask me if anything happend to it.And when i say i off roaded the trundra oh hell yes i did ya'll.

And remember i was pissed ya'll,but cop asked me to pull his truck(tundra) off to the side as it was impedeing rushour trafic as the accedent hapend in the middle lane.I'm thinking to myseld are you ****ting my dude.So **** it i did.i always carry tow straps with me(tow truck was about ten minutes out the cop said)so i hooked up the poor tundra and towed the piece of sh it carcass to the side of the road.His insurence totaled out his truck cause it wasnt worth it.And to add more bad news to him,since the cop found him to be 100percent liable(to fast during rush hour trafic and to close to me for the other the cop said)His insurence payed for all my damage to the truck,the loaner from the shop,my missed days of work for spinal cord checkups(i have had 6total spinal cord surgeries)and aso his insurence offered me 12grand to not take them to court.i said hell yes as my spinal cord was fine.i would imagine his rates went up,lol
Old 05-27-2009, 06:05 PM
^ drinks KC Tea

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ha nice! looks like u made out pretty well on that one!

Quick Reply: WHACK!!!! why to stick with a ford