Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Weird Misfire Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird Misfire Issue

Hey guys, hoping someone on here can solve my issue.

The last few weeks i have been having misfire codes popping up on my 2004 f-150 fx4 5.4l.

The truck has thrown 15 misfire codes in the last 2 weeks. Only 1 misfire each time, and most times a different cylinder each time. Cylinders 2 through 8 have misfired at least once each and some multiple times.

I changed the plugs 3 weeks ago due to this issue. The problem completely went away for 2 days and then it came back.

I will be driving down the highway with the cruise control set around 100km/h. All of a sudden the vehicle begins to shutter and shake and the engine light begins to blink. If i let off the gas and coast until the engine light stops blinking and goes away the truck returns to normal and everything is good for a while again. If i hit the gas while this is happening the engine bogs down and loses power. I have my code reader hooked up and can see instantly which cylinder misfires. (Usually a different cylinder each time)

I'm fairly confident that it is not a plug or coil issue, but don't know where to begin looking next.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Could it be a fuel issue? Gunked up throttle body? Bad injectors? It has everyone i have talked to stumped as it isn't just one or 2 cylinders acting up it is all of them, and the fact that it isn't happening all the time has everyone scratching their heads.

If anyone has any experience with this or knows where i could even begin looking that would be great.

Thanks in Advance.

Quick Reply: Weird Misfire Issue