Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Viper 5901 install....by OURSELVES!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 10:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post Viper 5901 install....by OURSELVES!

Hey everyone! New to the site but been perusing it for awhile trying to find help with a self install of the viper 5901. I have found some very good, useful and pertinent info but to no avail. I would like to do the install myself if at all possible. all the research that I have put into it gives me a 75/25 percentage ratio leaning toward having a professional do it. I know that we, as Ford owners can come together and get this done! And if it can be completed at the very least all who run into this problem will be able to benefit. I would love to to get as much help as possible from anyone with any kind of experience in the field. I will post pics from start to finish and give props to all who help me succeed in this endeavor !
Old 12-29-2011, 10:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am no help but I am interested to hear input as well
Old 12-29-2011, 11:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to drive anyone away, but the folks on the12volt forums are AMAZING with help on these matters. You will find someone on that forum who has installed this or a very similar unit in a truck like yours.

As a side note, I have the same alarm/rs in my 06 FX4 and love it!
Old 12-30-2011, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Autostarters really arent too tough, I have installed one on a volkswagon, That is hard! so many wires in such a small space. Anyways, You can probably get a wiring harness interceptor made for your truck. If not, there arent THAT many cables and if you are decent with a soldering iron, you should be set. If you have never used one, or are asking yourself what a soldering iron is, I would have a professional do it.

You could probably just use caps and avoid solder, however, it will be way better connections and less risk of a short or anything! hope this helps a little, I can probably be of some other assistance. Just holler!
Old 12-30-2011, 06:42 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

yes, use www.the12volt.com ! lots of good info there. wire diagrams are a must which can be found there. also USE A DMM(digital multi meter) you need to know and test what wires youre tapping into. i have always soldered every alarm ive ever installed and never have had a wire connection issue. ive seen scotch locks (t taps) fail because they dont pierce the insulation enough to get a good connection. also youll need to be sure to get the correct bypass module in order for the truck to start.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:47 PM

I appreciate it guys (or girls) I know that I will be able to complete it if I have to take it step by step and it takes weeks. Does anyone know of all the pieces or modules that I will need? I have right now: The Viper 5901, with all wires, two remotes, two 530t window modules for front and rear windows. I don't think that I will be adding any of the other ones..motion, tilt, glass break, etc.. I have heard about plenty of bypass modules but am unsure of what one to get. This one..
XPRESSKIT PKFM Platform 4 Transponder Data Override XPRESSKIT PKFM Platform 4 Transponder Data Override
or Xpresskit Pkall Data Transponder ALL Interface with Self Learning Bypass Module.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by mccleader26
I will post pics from start to finish and give props to all who help me succeed in this endeavor !
New to this site as well and am looking at doing the same install on an 06. Wondering how your install went and if you are still planning on posting some pics.

Also, which bypass module did you go with?

Trending Topics

Old 01-26-2012, 04:55 PM

I haven't even started yet. I'm still debating on whether not to do it myself. I haven't exactly got the right bypass module yet, or found anyone who could give me a straight.."yes, this is the one you need"
Old 01-26-2012, 07:04 PM
kanga2311 FISO

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I am getting ready to do a bulldog on a Pacifica. I was going to just knock it out in a couple hours until I read the directions. I'm a little nervous now. How many keys do you have? You'll probably need one for the bypass. These are chipped keys. I ordered a key online and had my local key cutter cut it, but I have yet to program it. They say if you have two good keys, you can program others yourself. If you only have one key, you gotta go to the dealership.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:42 PM

I recently purchased my pickup, used, and the previous owner has a Code Alarm, by Audiovox, remote start, but no key fob, so I get the fun time of making sure everything is hooked up correctly, purchase a new key fob, and program it. Where did you get a wiring diagram for the truck?

Quick Reply: Viper 5901 install....by OURSELVES!