Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

upper control arm removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 01:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upper control arm removal

hey all,

first time posting here. just had a quick question regarding disassembly of the upper control arm on my 2006 f150 fx4.

i had some blocking under the brake assembly so when i cracked the seal on the upper control arm it didnt drop too much but the blocking got knocked down and the assembly dropped abit , although not too bad as i had a hand on it.

i know this is not ideal, how do i check for damage to the assembly?

thanks
Old 04-25-2012, 08:19 AM

Received 534 Likes on 438 Posts

It's unlikely you damaged your upper control arm itself... The ball joint in the upper control may have been "stressed"when it fell or sagged while attached to the knuckle. But it probably did not break... Hang your caliper up with a hook "coat hanger" and don't stretch the hose. If you can't hang it Use a milk crate, or bucket, cinder blocks or something to hold the caliper and or prop up the lower control arm from sagging and stressing ball joints...
Old 04-26-2012, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Especial86
It's unlikely you damaged your upper control arm itself... The ball joint in the upper control may have been "stressed"when it fell or sagged while attached to the knuckle. But it probably did not break... Hang your caliper up with a hook "coat hanger" and don't stretch the hose. If you can't hang it Use a milk crate, or bucket, cinder blocks or something to hold the caliper and or prop up the lower control arm from sagging and stressing ball joints...
Great, that's for the info.

Quick Reply: upper control arm removal