Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Truck fell off jack stand. Damage ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 01:33 PM

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

Default Truck fell off jack stand. Damage ?

without getting into too much detail and of course my stupidity, I had several jackstands going and while jacking up the driver side rear the driver side front rolled off of the stand which I had under the frame. It landed on the bottom control arm or whatever that main structure is called and was resting on that bolt knuckle area. I of course panicked and immediately jacked it up and put the tire on. Could I have causes damage to anything and if so what?. everything looks ok and I haven't driven it because Im headed out to a grad party and not taking the truck. I guess Im looking for worse and best case scenario. I was not under the truck when it happened and totally clear behind it jacking up the rear and when it slightly rolled I let the jack back down but it was too late. Im thinking what happened was as I was jacking up different wheels etc it must have shifted enough during that process that the jack must have been tilted and jacking up the driver rear wheel got it going. I know, I know, I screwed up and could have gotten hurt and did things a lot different but it happened and hope I didn't mess something up. thanks
Old 06-24-2019, 02:01 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

pics might help, otherwise only you know for sure.....

landing on the lower control arm is not the worse spot to land on i suppose...
Old 06-24-2019, 09:15 PM

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by danlexani
pics might help, otherwise only you know for sure.....

landing on the lower control arm is not the worse spot to land on i suppose...
Right, it could have landed on your leg, your dog, hell, even a beer.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jojodapyro:
bobofthenorth (06-25-2019), ReaperHWK (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 10:39 AM
Seņor Member

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Glad you're ok Tommy.

Originally Posted by Jojodapyro
... even a beer.
That would be alcohol abuse.
The following 2 users liked this post by isvend:
PerryB (06-30-2019), tareed94 (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 11:11 AM
Monks

Received 248 Likes on 221 Posts

I think worst case is a ball joint, rotor, and a bent LCA. Other than that, I doubt too much can happen from that height and on the spot it landed on. Pics would help.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:53 AM
TOTM 8/2019

Received 339 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy J
without getting into too much detail and of course my stupidity, I had several jackstands going and while jacking up the driver side rear the driver side front rolled off of the stand which I had under the frame. It landed on the bottom control arm or whatever that main structure is called and was resting on that bolt knuckle area. I of course panicked and immediately jacked it up and put the tire on. Could I have causes damage to anything and if so what?. everything looks ok and I haven't driven it because Im headed out to a grad party and not taking the truck. I guess Im looking for worse and best case scenario. I was not under the truck when it happened and totally clear behind it jacking up the rear and when it slightly rolled I let the jack back down but it was too late. Im thinking what happened was as I was jacking up different wheels etc it must have shifted enough during that process that the jack must have been tilted and jacking up the driver rear wheel got it going. I know, I know, I screwed up and could have gotten hurt and did things a lot different but it happened and hope I didn't mess something up. thanks
What was the error no wheel blocks?

When I was a teenager I lost the pin that holds the jack up to the higher setting, so me being a moron I found a large bolt to put in there but didn't realize it didn't have the sheer strength of the pin. Sheered that bolt in half and the truck dropped down a few inches WHILE I WAS UNDER THERE.

Quick Reply: Truck fell off jack stand. Damage ?