Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

train horns and viper 5901

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 12:43 AM
SoCal Thread Shredder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default train horns and viper 5901

last week i ordered my train horns hopefully they come in thursday, and today i went and picked up my viper alarm system with remote start the 5901 and hopefully have time to install it tomorrow.....

this week is hopefully awsome hahah

ill get some pics up by friday maybe
Old 08-11-2010, 04:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UnleashedFord
last week i ordered my train horns hopefully they come in thursday, and today i went and picked up my viper alarm system with remote start the 5901 and hopefully have time to install it tomorrow.....

this week is hopefully awsome hahah

ill get some pics up by friday maybe
i think this mod might deserve a video

what size tank are you planning on running?
Old 08-11-2010, 10:25 AM

are you installing the viper system yourself? Viper has a protection plan for up to $2,500 toward your deductible if your truck is stolen. However, the system must be sold, installed and serviced by a authorized dealer. thats a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:33 AM

are you going to activate the train horn from the your alarm? if so it sounds like a great idea... except it will be TOO loud, and what if someone's stereo sets it off then theres a train on your street for 30 seconds. lol, it won't take long the neighbors will report that.

But I love train horns. good luck with the installation. Post pics as soon as you cut the cardboard box.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:38 AM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

What train horn did you go with? Cost?

Originally Posted by bloodvette
are you going to activate the train horn from the your alarm? if so it sounds like a great idea... except it will be TOO loud, and what if someone's stereo sets it off then theres a train on your street for 30 seconds. lol, it won't take long the neighbors will report that.

But I love train horns. good luck with the installation. Post pics as soon as you cut the cardboard box.
Haha, now if you put the train horn inside the truck, and just had the alarm go off with the hard sensors (door switches, glass break, etc.). That would be a hell of a wake up call for a thief, no hearing for a couple hours.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:31 PM
SoCal Thread Shredder

yeah im going to install it but i am going to try and install the alarm with my dad today, he is a mechanic and a electrician for 40+ years

but the train horns come with 3 trumpets and 3 gallon tank and the compressor and hoeses,but i wont connect it to the alarm too loud for that

but i asked my cousin and he said he is going to give me 3 more trumpets from his freight liner

i got the alarm from my friend he owns a audio system place and i got it with his discount for 200 flat
Old 08-14-2010, 01:41 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GATORB8
What train horn did you go with? Cost?

Haha, now if you put the train horn inside the truck, and just had the alarm go off with the hard sensors (door switches, glass break, etc.). That would be a hell of a wake up call for a thief, no hearing for a couple hours.
http://trainhornsdelivered.com/
Old 08-15-2010, 06:43 PM
SoCal Thread Shredder

3 gallon tank is good

Quick Reply: train horns and viper 5901