Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Torque Pro Transmission Temp Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 09:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Torque Pro Transmission Temp Issues

Hi everyone. I'm working on setting up some screens on my TorquePro app to monitor transmission temps while towing with my new-to-me 2007 Expedition. I've got the trans temp reading utilizing the [FORD]Transmission Fluid Temp (Method 2) PID from the extended PIDs list. The issue I'm running into is the gauge eventually jumping to -32.125 deg F and staying there. The other gauges continue to read. Running backwards through the formula it appears that if both "A" and "B" report -1, the output on the gauge would be -32.125. Does anyone know what would cause this? If I disconnect and recoonect the app from my OBD dongle it will start reading a valid number again.

I'm also occasionally seeing the refresh rate of the gauges slow down progressively until they eventually stop updating all together. I have to disconnect the adapter from the OBD port and reconnect to get it working again. I've not had an issue with this adapter on any of my other ford vehicles before. I'm using the
BAFX Products Bluetooth Diagnostic OBDII Reader / Scanner for Android Devices BAFX Products Bluetooth Diagnostic OBDII Reader / Scanner for Android Devices
from Amazon.

Anyone had similar issues before?

If the dongle is the problem, I'm open to suggestions of another one that would be faster, more reliable, and would especially like one that would go to sleep and wake up automatically so i can leave it connected all the time without draining the battery.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:03 PM
LightningRod

Received 643 Likes on 514 Posts

Symptoms seem like has to be dongle. However, I always heard and thought BAFX was an excellent one. I guess I got lucky when I got started with Torque Pro, bought a HH OBD dongle off ebay ($25.00 back then), and it has worked flawlessly. Can buy them now (V2.1) for under ten bucks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HH-OBD-Adva...8AAOSw4CFYx5pN
Be careful about using software that comes with these instead of genuine Google Play versions. Seems to set guys up for trouble later.

I was afraid I might have trouble with my HH OBD when I changed phones to an S9+ with Android 8 - but hooked right up and never misses a beat.

If you are monitoring temps - I have worked out PIDs and Formulas for a few gauges on one dashboard screen as shown here.
https://www.f150forum.com/f4/torque-...1/#post5339202
Old 04-13-2018, 02:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F150Torqued
Symptoms seem like has to be dongle. However, I always heard and thought BAFX was an excellent one. I guess I got lucky when I got started with Torque Pro, bought a HH OBD dongle off ebay ($25.00 back then), and it has worked flawlessly. Can buy them now (V2.1) for under ten bucks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HH-OBD-Adva...8AAOSw4CFYx5pN
Be careful about using software that comes with these instead of genuine Google Play versions. Seems to set guys up for trouble later.

I was afraid I might have trouble with my HH OBD when I changed phones to an S9+ with Android 8 - but hooked right up and never misses a beat.

If you are monitoring temps - I have worked out PIDs and Formulas for a few gauges on one dashboard screen as shown here.
https://www.f150forum.com/f4/torque-...1/#post5339202
Thanks for chiming in, I was really hoping you would. I've been lurking here for a few days and seen some really awesome stuff you've posted. I had actually already found and downloaded your temps csv file.

I will look into the HH OBD dongle.

Quick Reply: Torque Pro Transmission Temp Issues