Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Is there a one-piece oil pan gasket available for the 4.2L??

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a one-piece oil pan gasket available for the 4.2L??

Hey everyone,

I've been a long to time reader of the forum, decided it was finally time to get an account and join the discussion.
I was hoping somebody would be able to answer a relatively simple question for me, I'm looking to replace the oil pan gasket on my 2007 F-150 4.2L, (oil leak at front of gasket). And I've been browsing around online looking for a new gasket, I was hoping to just find one of those fel-pro one piece gaskets that don't require any silicone. But I cant for the life of me find one anywhere. Do they not exist for this specific engine? The only thing I can find is just the half moon piece that goes on the front of the pan. (Which does happen to be the area that is leaking coincidentally). But I'd much rather do it is one piece. If anyone knows where, or if, one exists. I would be very much appreciate it if they could point me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot!
Old 10-17-2017, 09:46 PM

Received 268 Likes on 247 Posts

Pretty sure that’s the only way anybody offers it. The box comes with that u shaped piece and black permatex.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nrivera04
Pretty sure that’s the only way anybody offers it. The box comes with that u shaped piece and black permatex.
Thanks for the reply. Yea, that's kinda what I figured, took a shot in the dark that I was hopefully just missing it somewhere. The one piece's are a lot more idiot proof which is what I was hoping for lol.