Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Stock 6 Disk Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 04:45 PM
"Hosed"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock 6 Disk Stereo

The stock multi-disk CD/stereo in my 2008 took a dump. It has 6 CD's loaded but won't play them or eject them.

What to do? I know UPGRADE

After reading reviews here on the forum I went with a Pioneer 1400DVD.

Being new to the forum and only posting a few times This is my first attempt at posting up my mod.

Here goes
Attached Images  

Last edited by Ford2203; 02-01-2013 at 04:46 PM. Reason: picture issue
Old 02-01-2013, 04:49 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

They still make cds that play music? Wierd.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:57 PM
"Hosed"

Well that was difficult. I think I understand the picture upload process. I don't know what is appropriate for pic posting.One pick per post with multiple posts or one post with multiple pics. So I'll post a few pics for each post unless I hear different.

My original reciever keeps running and trying to spit out or load CD's even though is already full. Of course that and the damned cold weather is destroying my battery.

The new reciever got here in 4 days. Of course the first day I have to install it it snows. Cold *** blowing snow.

Well the afternoon shaped up so its on!

Out with the old unit. Sorry they are turned sideways. Some are some aren't. IDK

Carefully pry off the cover plate.Key word carefully. Luckily not breakes for me.

With the cover off disconnect the control wires (carefully) and remove the cover. This gives access to the 4 retaining screws.

And now its loose. Disconnect the plugs and antenna in the back and out comes the POS stock reciever.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:06 PM
"Hosed"

My future son-in-law wired up the reciever harnes (free with the install kit)so I don't have pics. He tells me its a simple 5 minute process to crimp and shrink tube the wires. He put in a relay to fool the e-brake.

So with the harness ready and old unit out time for the good stuff.

The install kit has plastic brackets for the mounting plate that needs to be trimmed. Once trimmed the new unit slid right it. The harness hooked right up and the antenna adaptor went in. Time to bolt it up and test it out.

Let me say this AWESOME!!!!

The cover plate gets reconnected and snapped in place. This took a little time to line up theplugs correctly

Finished product

Tested out the DVD feature. Don't hate the DVD selection. It was the first one I found. My wife's favorite.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:13 PM
"Hosed"

Default Take out the Goods

With the install complete its back inside where its warm.

Heres the POS unit

REmoved the cover screws to access the CD player underneath

The first CD came out no problem. The next 5 were difficult because they are lower in the unit. One at a time them came out without damage to the disk or the receiver/CD unit.

Success! All thats left is to button up the cover and store the unit. In case the future holds a trade in.

I wanted to post this up incase anyone else (noobs like me) could use the info and see the simple process. 45 minutes in the driveway and its done.

Now I just need to figure out how it works. It has a USB connection for the i-phone and can play Pandora. (I'll try to get picks of that tomorrow) Its upgradeable to navigation and Sirius satelite radio.

What to you think?
Old 02-01-2013, 05:16 PM
"Hosed"

Old 02-01-2013, 05:31 PM
always dirty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

put it back !!!!!It will work now ..LOL ,, just kidding i got nothing better to do.

Last edited by 4x4angel; 02-01-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:35 PM
always dirty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Now it will get expensive. + back up camera + mp4 player + navi+ amps and speakers .,,
Old 02-01-2013, 06:20 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

which trim kit did they send you. The Metra or the Schosce. I just used the schosce and thought because of what I had read, that it was a little better fit than the Metra, but when I was done, I thought it would have looked even better, but Im a picky bastard. Your fit looks good.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What did that unit cost if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply: Stock 6 Disk Stereo