Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Steam

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I was just sitting in front of the house with the engine idling for a few minutes and I started hearing the sound of steam and I could see some steam blow into the air. When I turned the engine off and got out to look everything looked fine. I started it up again and it seemed normal. Didn't drive any different and the engine temperature wasn't high. My question is could this just be condensation from the a/c leaking into a hot part or something along those lines or is this something I need to worry about? Only happened once so far.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:28 PM

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by BCE55
So I was just sitting in front of the house with the engine idling for a few minutes and I started hearing the sound of steam and I could see some steam blow into the air. When I turned the engine off and got out to look everything looked fine. I started it up again and it seemed normal. Didn't drive any different and the engine temperature wasn't high. My question is could this just be condensation from the a/c leaking into a hot part or something along those lines or is this something I need to worry about?
Only happened once so far.
Did you lose any coolant? Smell any coolant? If not i would just monitor it.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:37 PM

The coolant level looks normal so ill just keep an eye on it. Thanks! I didn't think of that.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:59 AM

So after a while I had realized my AC was not cooling anymore. Turns out a relief valve in the compressor had blown releasing all the freon. So I took it to the shop for the first time... They replaced the fan clutch which they believed was responsible for its overheating. A few weeks later the valve blew again. I don't even remember what they replaced this time and thought they had the problem fixed but NOPE. Valve blew again and it was time for its third trip to the shop for the same problem... They were now convinced it was a problem with the computer of the truck and sent me to another shop which specializes in computers. After fears of replacing the whole thing, they finally found that for some unknown reason, someone had added an extra wire and relay that they found along the firewall and was causing the AC compressor to function wrong. They removed that and sent me on my way... For another large expense of course.

I really hope I don't have to deal with any more truck problems for a while.

Quick Reply: Steam