Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Sound like a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 08:42 PM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Sound like a good deal?

Guy in Lakeland (bout 4 hours from here) wants to trade his procomp 6 inch (stage 1 I'm pretty sure) 18 inch incubus wheels and 35 dynapro mt (need to be replaced soon) for my stock susp and fx4 wheels and tires which I'm buying from a buddy with me adding 800. I would sell his wheels along with the MB's and BFGs I have now (in classifieds) and pick up some 20 moto 951s with 35 mud grapplers. Does this sound like a good deal? Depending on how much his buddy at the susp shop could do the entire swap for we might get it all done there but if not we would be doing it in his drive way. Both of us have limited knowledge but I'm sure we could figure it out itd just take some time. Lift has 40k on it but worse case scenario it needs new shocks which is fine since I want leveling struts to make it 8 inches anyway. He DID say the cambers needed adjusting or something like that and that's why his tires got chewed up but I'm thinking some locking camber bolts would sort this all out. Does all this sounds like something yall would do? I'm pretty damn excited about it just gotta make it work.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why is he wanting to get rid of the lift? If you are "doing him a favor" by taking it off of his hands I would see if I could talk him down a little more. Unless you know how much you can get for the things you are hoping to sell you may end up paying more for the lift than you wanted to.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:35 PM

He lost his job and can't afford the gas anymore I guess...I plan on selling my wheels and tires asap (got a few guys lookin monday) buyin the fx4 wheels and tires that day, and then swapping his setup and riding on his wheels and tires til I have a buyer for those and then purchasing the wheels and tires of my choice right before I sell the ones I get from him...I'm basically getting the lift rims and tires for 1300 plus my stock susp which sounds like a pretty damn good deal to me.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well then, I say go for it.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Born On a Mountain Top...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get somebody other than his buddy to check the lift out. Unless he's a close friend and you trust him, cause you can get screwed these days... Ask around to folks that know him and see if he took care of the truck or abused it offroad. Itll just come around to bite you if you don't do some snooping, but if its a good kit, I'd go for it.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:15 PM

Yeah I told him I wasn't interested anymore...ill just buy new stuff that I WANT.

Quick Reply: Sound like a good deal?