Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

someone broke into my buddy's f150

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default someone broke into my buddy's f150

happened this past week. parking is getting a bit tight around his area so he parked it 1/2 block away. next morning, the truck is missing.

the good news, SFPD found it. only reason being is the truck was pretty much running on empty so it was found about 30mi away when it chugged to a halt.

the suspicious thing is there were no signs of forced entry. as in, no windows broken, no locks busted. the cops said they came in through the back window.

i'm not sure on the year/era exactly (it's pretty new but was bought used) but the key i'm told has a chip in it that is needed in order for it to actually turn the truck on. who would have access to this type of key other than the owner? i'm thinking someone shady person working in a dealership who has access to some type of master key or a tow truck guy.

the truck is always parked in front of the house now with a club on the steering wheel (more as a deterrent) and the dogs are always on red alert, which is a good and bad thing cause they bark at everything, even the wind.

Last edited by stingray; 06-14-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Bleed FORD Blue

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Wow that sucks at least he got it back with no problems!
Old 06-14-2008, 09:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

wow thats lucky. not sure on the chip in the keys but if its true, you might want to look into changing the locks. would be cheap insurance
Old 06-15-2008, 03:25 AM

you definitely need to take it to another city and get them to reprogram the truck then make new keys...it's all chips now.... you won't have to change the door locks but yeah, you NEED that chip. the keys are programmable...I've programmed 2 myself. get the computer/processor flashed for a new code OUT OF TOWN, and program the keys.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:04 AM

why out of town? do they have different types of codes for different districts or county's?
Old 06-16-2008, 01:27 AM
lucky13

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

probably because the guy got the key from somewhere in the city which means if its from another town the guy has a lower chance of gettin in again
Old 06-17-2008, 09:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

each key transmits its own frequency. Each key is programed to the vehicle and you can program up to 8. Go to the dealer and ask them to erase all keys then just reprogram the keys you have. Then if anyone else has keys they wont start it. They will still be able to enter, for that you would have to rekey the locks. The door can be done and then have that cut onto a key keeping ign the same im pretty sure, I would have to check a f series lock to be certain
Old 06-17-2008, 01:59 PM
07 5.4 SCREW

thats why I never write my real address whenever I have to leave any of my vehicles at any place for any reason. There is no reason for them having your home address (plus access to your keys for a period of time allowing them to make copies). Even if it does have a chip, this allows them to get into the vehicle to steal other things (ie. stereo, gps, etc).

Quick Reply: someone broke into my buddy's f150