Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

sea foamed my truck today

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 01:09 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default sea foamed my truck today

i dumped half the bottle into the gas tank (had about 1/8 tank at the time). after starting the motor i put the other half of the can into the brake booster. i was shocked that i couldnt stall the motor so when the can was empty i just turned the truck off. after letting it sit for 15min. i started it up. didnt really get any smoke. i let it haze lightly for about 2 min and then jumped in the truck and went for a drive. i got out of my neighborhood without any real smoke but as soon as i got on the main road i looked in the rear view mirror and the road was gone, just one big white cloud. drove it around the block a few times and then went home and parked it. later in the day killed two birds with one stone, went for a test drive and to the gym. wasnt expecting any miracles but the truck had been feeling sluggish the last month so i figured it couldnt hurt

i was shocked by the improvement. the idle was so smooth and quiet and there was a big difference in low rpm torque, both from a stop and while cruising at speed. was also happy to find that my truck cruised up this long hill by my house at 65mph effortlessly when before you could tell it was working a little. the extra torque effected the turbo as well which could be heard spooling at light throttle lower in the rpm band (about 500rpm sooner). zero improvement in wot power tho.

for those wondering, my truck has about 44k miles on it and i ran sea foam in the gas tank i think twice last year. this was the first time through the vac line
Old 02-01-2012, 01:13 AM
Sgt Shawshank

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Off topic here but can u pm me some info on your turbo. Like cost versus supercharged. Pro cons vs. supercharged. Where u got ur tuning from and such.

Reason I ask is because this will prolly be the next big mod I do.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you post a pic of the vac line location.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:36 AM
American member

Received 1,059 Likes on 844 Posts

Same result, I swear it helped. The person behind me must have thought I had major problems.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:14 AM

Received 110 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by greenmudder
OOh me too. I wanna see it. Or is there a link to a sticky for doing this?
Old 02-01-2012, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greenmudder
Originally Posted by phenrichs
OOh me too. I wanna see it. Or is there a link to a sticky for doing this?
It's a black rubber hose coming out of the brake booster. Really hard to miss. It comes out of the right side (your left when viewing from the front of the truck), and will snake down to the engine.

Look at the top left corner of the picture. See the black, circular thing with the hose coming off of it? Behind the white tank that holds the brake fluid? That's the hose you use. The guy's shadow is pretty much pointing at it coincedently lol.

Last edited by nate_g_2003; 02-01-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:52 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by nate_g_2003
It's a black rubber hose coming out of the brake booster. Really hard to miss. It comes out of the right side (your left when viewing from the front of the truck), and will snake down to the engine.

Look at the top left corner of the picture. See the black, circular thing with the hose coming off of it? Behind the white tank that holds the brake fluid? That's the hose you use. The guy's shadow is pretty much pointing at it coincedently lol.

So you let it suck down about half a can in the booster line, and then just shut the motor off, or how do you kill the motor?

Trending Topics

Old 02-01-2012, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by 2004lariatkindofguy
So you let it suck down about half a can in the booster line, and then just shut the motor off, or how do you kill the motor?
Both times I've done it, I had another person work the ignition for me while I was working under the hood. Just made it easier than trying to jump back and forth.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the stuff really works i did mine a week ago, put a bottle in the tank and suck a bottle thru the the brake booster here is what i did a little different when sucking the bottle down i hold the engine at 2500 to 3000 RPM's for a while then take it out and drive like you stole it and really clean it out, for my truck it is like new really quick nice throttle response
Old 02-01-2012, 12:09 PM

I personally dont use it in my gas. I like to use marvels mystery oil for the gas, I like the way it cleans my injectors. And then I use a full can of sea foam for the booster line. Start her up. Let her get to a steady idle. Disconnect the hose and let the vacuum suck it right out of the can. I like to let it get down 3/4 of the way and then stall the engine out. But if you don't want to do that, just let the line take the whole can. Then attatch the line back. Shut off the truck ASAP. Let it sit for 15 minutes is the time I like. I saw much better results at 15 minutes than I did at 10. Then start her up rev the engine. I like to idle it, then 2000 rpm, 3,000, and then 4,000. About 30 seconds to a minute per each of those or until smoke is gone. Then enjoy your results.

Quick Reply: sea foamed my truck today