Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Remote Start Door Lock/Unlock

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Remote Start Door Lock/Unlock

So I've been installing my remote start and it seems like it's working except for the fact that it doesn't actually lock/unlock. The lights blink, but it doesn't actually work.

I looked at wiring diagrams plus what they sent me and tied in under the driver kick panel. Are these the correct wires, or do I need to tie in somewhere else?

I tied into the Pink/Yellow and Pink L Green that I believe comes out of the driver's door boot (and where I was told to tie into)

Any thoughts?

Old 12-11-2019, 10:09 PM

Received 946 Likes on 749 Posts

Are we supposed to guess exactly what you're working on?

Old 12-12-2019, 01:53 PM

Default Remote Start Wiring Clarification

I apologize! That was super unhelpful!

For my remote starter system - I'm trying to tie into the door lock/unlock wires. (Per requirements in Remote Start guide).

Here is the description I have, and found that there is a pink/yellow and pink/light green set of wires that do correspond to lock and unlock. But not sure if these are them.

So what the sheet says, matches the wiring colors here.

The issue I'm currently experiencing is that when I click lock/unlock on the new remote it just flashes the head lights, but doesn't actually lock or unlock the doors. And I'm not sure if that is because I wired it into the wrong pink/green pink/yellow wires (under the driver kick panel) - or because the remote start system hasn't been coded to the vehicle successfully yet. (Waiting for my forscan bluetooth connector to come in).

Does that make actual sense, now?
Old 12-12-2019, 02:51 PM

Received 946 Likes on 749 Posts

And,,, you STILL failed to identify explicitly what you're working on.

Good luck getting informed assistance.

Old 12-12-2019, 04:00 PM

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

What ProjectSHO89 was asking for is information about your vehicle and remote start. Wiring color codes can and do change on different model years, so more information is needed to give you a correct answer.

What year, make and model of vehicle are you working on? What brand and model number remote start system are you trying to install? These two things should have been included in your OP. Without this information, no one can help you.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:33 PM

Ahhh.... I'm really sorry.

I have a 2008 Ford F150 XLT Supercrew
I'm installing the MPC 2 Way Remote Start (RS7, w/ the Fortin Key-Override-All keyless bypass module)
(
Amazon Amazon
)

And the printout I showed above was "supposedly" a color coded specific set of info for my particular year and model.

Hopefully that is all you need, maybe?!

Old 12-13-2019, 04:17 AM

The color codes are correct for your year. Make sure you have good connections with those splices. They don't always pierce all the way through. Also make sure you're hooking it up with the ground door trigger wires on the alarm/starter. The pink/yellow and pink/l green wires are grounded signal wires.

If you're still not getting a good signal, try splicing in at a different location. You may get a better signal if you tap into the wires next to the driver's seat under the door sill.

If you still can't get it to work, you may need to go into the programming mode and change to a different lock/unlock output type (longer or shorter pulse).
Old 12-13-2019, 03:24 PM

Great, thank you!
Do you think that the doors aren't unlocking/locking because the remote start module hasn't been programmed/validated with the security module? Or is it most likely due to a poor connection and/or pulse type?
Old 12-13-2019, 04:31 PM

To me, it sounds more like a connection (bad connection/wrong wire) or pulse type/duration problem. The only thing happening is the unit is sending a ground signal to the VSM, the same as the door switch would. There shouldn't have to be any "validating" required for that to work.

Pop off the sill plate by the driver's seat and tap into the wires there. If the problem persists, and you're sure the connections are good, then a change to the pulse duration/type might be required. Read your installation and programming instructions for information on how to accomplish this.

The following users liked this post:
jaoteay (12-16-2019)
Old 12-14-2019, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Nun Ya
To me, it sounds more like a connection (bad connection/wrong wire) or pulse type/duration problem. The only thing happening is the unit is sending a ground signal to the VSM, the same as the door switch would. There shouldn't have to be any "validating" required for that to work.

Pop off the sill plate by the driver's seat and tap into the wires there. If the problem persists, and you're sure the connections are good, then a change to the pulse duration/type might be required. Read your installation and programming instructions for information on how to accomplish this.

Wonderful, that was extremely helpful! Thank you!!

I just got in my MX+ ODB Bluetooth connector and forscan license. So hopefully tomorrow I can get it to authorize the remote start too!

Quick Reply: Remote Start Door Lock/Unlock