Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Rear leaf spring replacement - bolt size

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear leaf spring replacement - bolt size

Wondering if anyone can help me find out the bolt size for my truck. (1998 F-150 XLT.)

It lives 4+ hours from me in Tofino, BC and I live in Victoria, BC, so measuring is tough and I'm hoping to get new bolt(s) asap so I can get the truck on the road again before May long weekend.

The rear leaf spring has snapped and I got a replacement part from a wrecker but I'm gonna need at least one new bolt I think. It's not the spring on the drivers side but it still doesn't look like I'll be able to get both out without cutting one.

I've enlisted a friend (who I'll owe lots of beer!) To help me with the swap out while im out of town and need to get the them up to him by mail.

The new spring from the wrecker has the rear hanger, and I'll be hopefully able to reuse the ubolts, but do have a replacement set on hand but they fit a little weird.
(which is what I did when the other side snapped on me).

There's a fastener shop not too far from me I could have new bolts fashioned but I need to get them the size...
Old 05-07-2019, 04:10 AM
rodent aviator

Received 272 Likes on 145 Posts

I recently replaced the leaf springs on a 1997 F Super Duty and this website was very helpful. Very happy with the springs as well as the hardware purchased there. Look up the springs for your truck and they should have the matching U bolts listed as well.
https://www.autoandtrucksprings.com/index.php?p=login

Quick Reply: Rear leaf spring replacement - bolt size