Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

$%&* power window please help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $%&* power window please help!!!!!

I rolled down my window today and it will not come back up I heard a "pop" in the door when I first tried to roll it up. I think that the wire that goes on the pulley broke or slipped of. First how do I get the front panel off (front right)? Second what is that wire called? It's a 05 four door

Last edited by park duck; 04-07-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:27 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

There should be two screws/bolts on the bottom side of the panel. I think they are either 1/4" or 3/8" I could be wrong on the size. There is also a screw right below the door handle, kind of indented in. Also, there is a little cover that pops off with a screw driver in the door handle, behind that are two bolts. That will set your door panel loose, then pull up on the door, be careful to not break the plastic clips behind the door.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:34 PM

Save yourself some time. Go ahead and buy a window regulator. I've replaced three on my S-crew so far only one more that I'm expecting to go soon. My first one in 08 was $152 and the latest one I bought was $192. It only takes about 15 minutes to replace.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by boilerup15
There should be two screws/bolts on the bottom side of the panel. I think they are either 1/4" or 3/8" I could be wrong on the size. There is also a screw right below the door handle, kind of indented in. Also, there is a little cover that pops off with a screw driver in the door handle, behind that are two bolts. That will set your door panel loose, then pull up on the door, be careful to not break the plastic clips behind the door.

I've done all this but man the right side of the panel doesn't want to push up to pull out. I already broke one of the dang clips so I stopped until I had some light to work on it tomorrow. I found a window regulator at advanced auto for 124 I will probly get it tomorrow
Old 04-07-2010, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by boilerup15
I've done all this and the right side of the door panel doesn't want to slide up so I can pull it off. I already broke one of the dang clips trying to get it off. I found a regulator at advanced for 124
Old 04-15-2010, 12:18 PM

Remove the plastic panel that covers the speaker and take the speaker out... The panel should come right off.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:50 PM

Isn't it sometimes just the switch that goes bad and not the regulator? Mine act up all the time and i assume its the switches. Because the switches on the driver door don't work but if push the switch on the door itself works fine.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:13 PM

the master switch goes bad occasionally but if he heard a pop its more than likely the regulator
Old 04-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Fords For Life

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah my master switch went bad and I knew it wel lahead of time. I had to start presing harder and harder to get my damn window to roll up or down. Finally just bought a new one for 65 I think from LMC Truck. Pretty sure in his case its the regualtor though
Old 04-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Steve T

Boyz, I replaced both of my front window control switches, the master on the driver door fixed the drivers window and all others right away everything works fine from the master however, I replaced the passenger door switch at the same time and the window is still flakey???? Question, what is the regulator......?
Thanks
Steve

Quick Reply: $%&* power window please help!!!!!