Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Power Rear Sliding Window repair

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Power Rear Sliding Window repair

About a month a go some no-good crackhead broke into my truck through the partially open rear sliding window.

Apart from the change he stole, he broke the plastic tab that the cables pull on to close the rear sliding window.

I ordered the part form the dealer... 15 bucks, and have the rear seat and hard fabric facia piece removed.

But I cannot figure out how to get the bottom of the sliding window out so I can replace the plastic piece the window slides in.

If this is a confusing desription of my problem, ill post some pics.

So, has anyone else seen this problem, or have you had to remove your rear window???

Any help would be great...
Old 06-26-2010, 04:37 PM

Received 121 Likes on 98 Posts

No free glass coverage under your insurance?
Old 06-26-2010, 04:56 PM

hello fellow canadian I have a .pdf file here on how to remove the rear window glass regulator and motor. It might be what your looking for. but it's too large a .pdf to post. PM me your email address.
john
Old 06-26-2010, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by jhelrey
No free glass coverage under your insurance?

The glass is not broken. Just the plastic piece that holds the bottom of the center window in.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:18 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

i have the same problem, one side of the tab that holds the cable end in is broken off. i was going to glob some jb weld around the cable and plastic tab. because i was told i can not replace anything, PLEASE let me know what you replaced and if you have a pictures that would be great!
Old 12-06-2011, 01:05 AM

could you forward that pdf to me please? adamcox@bellsouth.net
Old 02-11-2012, 01:37 PM

I have an inoperative rear sliding window and would really appreciate a copy of the r&r pdf.
Oops, email is lreveland@gmail.com

Last edited by waikoloa wind; 02-11-2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: added email address
Old 06-05-2012, 08:55 AM

I would really appreciate a copy as well, if you don't mind. borg937@verizon.net
Old 12-07-2014, 01:53 PM

Question

Originally Posted by Killer Klassic
About a month a go some no-good crackhead broke into my truck through the partially open rear sliding window.

Apart from the change he stole, he broke the plastic tab that the cables pull on to close the rear sliding window.

I ordered the part form the dealer... 15 bucks, and have the rear seat and hard fabric facia piece removed.

But I cannot figure out how to get the bottom of the sliding window out so I can replace the plastic piece the window slides in.

If this is a confusing desription of my problem, ill post some pics.

So, has anyone else seen this problem, or have you had to remove your rear window???

Any help would be great...
Originally Posted by bloodvette
hello fellow canadian I have a .pdf file here on how to remove the rear window glass regulator and motor. It might be what your looking for. but it's too large a .pdf to post. PM me your email address.
john

Hello fellow Blue Oval Fans. First time user of your site. I have a 09 F150 King Ranch. I too have the rear slider that has the right tab broken off the Plastic slider that moves the center glass. I have acquired the new part for replacement but cant see my way in getting the center glass out. I know someone out there has completed this feat. I have come up with some ideas of my own but not have executed them fear for glass breakage. Please advise. Email: djbiever1@yahoo.com
Old 12-09-2014, 02:09 PM
2003 F-150 King Ranch

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by djbiever
Hello fellow Blue Oval Fans. First time user of your site. I have a 09 F150 King Ranch. I too have the rear slider that has the right tab broken off the Plastic slider that moves the center glass. I have acquired the new part for replacement but cant see my way in getting the center glass out. I know someone out there has completed this feat. I have come up with some ideas of my own but not have executed them fear for glass breakage. Please advise. Email: djbiever1@yahoo.com
you might have better luck with this in the 2009-2014 section

Quick Reply: Power Rear Sliding Window repair