Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

please help!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-25-2007, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help!!!!!!!!!!

ok first off my truck is a 2004 f150 supercrew 2wd 4.6l. the other night i was wiring up my gauges in my new pillar pod and i accidentally touched two wires together on one of the aftermarket gauges and my headlights went out. now here is the weird part, immediately i tried to turn them back on and nothing happened, and my truck acted like the battery was dead. i spent an *** of time checking all fuses and only one was blown for my RH low beam. now when i try to crank my truck in the morning it acts like the battery is dead but then magically it starts to turn over quicker and starts right up. the other weird part is that for the first couple of sec. that the truck is running my needles on my dash are kinda vibrating and bouncing, but then they go up into there right place. now i had both battery and alternator tested and the store says that they are fine just my battery is a little lower that what it should be. oh and when i try to crank my truck i sometimes get this weird clicking sound from my fuse box and then it cranks. any help would be appreciated. new guy
Old 09-25-2007, 11:49 PM
none.

Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

did you check the high current fuses under the hood also?

try not to backfeed the electrical system, its bad...mmkay.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:50 PM
none.

Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

and unhook the damn battery next time you play with the electrical system.

Search this Thread