Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Oil Change

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 09:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Oil Change

Called a ford dealership today and it will be two weeks before they can get me in for an oil change. I usually go there for mine. I'm heading to myrtle beach on Friday and i need one. If i went to Walmart for an oil change, what should i ask for oil? Synthetic? Semi-synthetic? Whats a good comparable to the Motorcraft oil that the dealerships use?
Old 03-08-2011, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Walmart carries Motorcraft, well mine does anyway. Ask if you can substitute what they usually use w/ Motorcraft, you might have to pay a little more.

Or you can do it yourself....
Old 03-08-2011, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by 06XLT4x4
Walmart carries Motorcraft, well mine does anyway. Ask if you can substitute what they usually use w/ Motorcraft, you might have to pay a little more.

Or you can do it yourself....
Would love to do it myself, if it wasn't 5 degrees out and a foot of snow.. also if i didn't have a broken back hahaha... What is the motorcraft? Semi-synthetic?
Old 03-08-2011, 10:06 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I wouldn't let those monkeys touch my 23 year old lawn mower, let alone my brand new truck.

Do it yourself. Then you know it's done right.

EDIT: you were posting while i was....the broken back deal is a problem. Cold? I've changed it in snow before so that doesn't bother me.

I believe our trucks came with semi-synth.

Last edited by eclark53520; 03-08-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fend2ride
Would love to do it myself, if it wasn't 5 degrees out and a foot of snow.. also if i didn't have a broken back hahaha... What is the motorcraft? Semi-synthetic?

Gotcha! Well if Walmart is your last resort take it to a reputable Wal-mart, if there's any, haha! In my town we have a few Wal-marts that are known to have horrible service other Walmarts are decent. Drive that extra mile and hopefully they'll take care of you. When you're there, look over them while they're changing your oil to make sure they're doing everything right, STARE THEM DOWN LIKE A HAWK!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by 06XLT4x4
Gotcha! Well if Walmart is your last resort take it to a reputable Wal-mart, if there's any, haha! In my town we have a few Wal-marts that are known to have horrible service other Walmarts are decent. Drive that extra mile and hopefully they'll take care of you. When you're there, look over them while they're changing your oil to make sure they're doing everything right, STARE THEM DOWN LIKE A HAWK!
HAHAHA.. it's horrible when they could screw up an oil change.... The biggest concern i have with going other places for oil changes is the oil itself, not the procedure.

Quick Reply: Oil Change