Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

New guy looking for some oppinions on this truck please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy looking for some oppinions on this truck please!

Hey guys! ive been lurking on the site for a while but i need some help now! i am looking at this nice 04 fx4 f150 with a 6" procomp lift and stuff. the guy had the motor rebuilt due to the timing chain breaking and the pistons hitting the valves also the truck has 61,000 miles and 1,000 miles on a professional Ford certified motor rebuild. Also the fuel pump has been replaced due to a bad sensor and the 4 wheel drive acuaters because the 4 wheel drive was engaging while driving. Other than that the truck is really nice looking and you can see it here - http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/2032746554.html

Tell me what you guys think of it? is that a good price?

Thanks
Old 12-11-2010, 09:58 PM
VanoFord2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks good.Make sure to ask about those tires and the tread?Also make sure to ask if its stage 1 or stage 2?

Also not a bad price(i think alittle high for the area,but thats my opinion).But also make sure to see the Ford paper work to prove the morto has been indeed re-done.

Last edited by Skull31; 12-11-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:01 PM

I don't mean to be offensive, I think it's a good looking truck and all, but I'd be extremely careful when looking at a vehicle that has had so much go wrong with it with so few total miles. And what's with the TV over the airbag?
Old 12-11-2010, 10:09 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by c418
I don't mean to be offensive, I think it's a good looking truck and all, but I'd be extremely careful when looking at a vehicle that has had so much go wrong with it with so few total miles. And what's with the TV over the airbag?

i agree and that also seems a little high to me.. you can find a supercrew for that price within 0-300 miles from you im sure.. nice truck though but i wouldnt give over 13,000.. if you do get it get it looked over by ford you dont wanna spend that much money then turn around and replace parts
Old 12-12-2010, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by lukewdavison
i agree and that also seems a little high to me.. you can find a supercrew for that price within 0-300 miles from you im sure.. nice truck though but i wouldnt give over 13,000.. if you do get it get it looked over by ford you dont wanna spend that much money then turn around and replace parts
So I should try to get the price down if I went after it? What things should I look for when I go look at it? The tv screen was professionally put in and has a DVD player in the glove box and was in there when the current owner bought the truck. I am not fond of the tv but you can't get everything you want when you buy a truck on a budget.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:01 AM
VanoFord2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 56pickup
So I should try to get the price down if I went after it? What things should I look for when I go look at it? The tv screen was professionally put in and has a DVD player in the glove box and was in there when the current owner bought the truck. I am not fond of the tv but you can't get everything you want when you buy a truck on a budget.
Yes def try and get the truck down.Only way he will not come down if he is still paying on it.I also think he is trying to recoup some of the money he put into it.Look at the exaust,the engine bay,tires,look at the the suspention for wear and tear,including the uca's paying close attention to the ball.Again ask for all records.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:06 AM
Offshore Poster

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd pass. Like c418 said, something's sketch when it's already had so much work needed to it. You don't want a $15,500 headache. You could find something for a few grand less and take the money you'd save and go buy your own lift and tires.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:26 AM

You guys are right! I don't want to buy a headache so I'm gonna pass on that truck! So where can I find all these other nice trucks for way cheaper you speak of? I can't find any deals that don't have a ton of miles on them!
Old 12-12-2010, 01:34 AM

Received 146 Likes on 95 Posts

I'm not sure a professional would put an LCD monitor in a dash like that. If the airbag were to engage, that thing would be shot like a cannon right into the passenger's face. Worst case scenario of course.
But by the sound of it, that truck has been worked hard. Assuming the lift isn't just for looks, you can be certain it's been banging into rocks, slinging mud, and submerging axles and bearings underwater. This isn't a bad thing... as long as the owner kept the diff oil clean and any bearings/bushings checked routinely.
I personally wouldn't buy a modern truck that has been lifted, exception being something from the 80's and older. There's just more that can go wrong.
BUT... if a lifted truck is what you want/need, then just have a good look at everything down there. Good luck!
Old 12-12-2010, 01:48 AM
Offshore Poster

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

When I found mine it was on Autotrader, but I've seen some good deals on Craigslist too. I never buy new, waste of money IMO. I look for the trucks that are a year old with low miles. But it depends on your budget.

Quick Reply: New guy looking for some oppinions on this truck please!