Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some help

Hey guys new member well not really but.. Alright i gotta a problem on my f150 4.6 2005 hopefully you can point me in the right direction
My truck turns on and idles fine
But when i push the gas pedal it doesnt rev or make any noise it just sounds like its idling
At first i thought it was the tps so i already had one i bought for my other truck so i swapped that ..nothing still the same so i checked the codes on it
2 codes came out cant remember what they were but it was for 02 senor and egr
So i had bought some new 02 sensors and hi flow cats since im running long tube headers and also a egr valve put them on nothing still the same
So idk people are telling me its either the throttle body or gas pedal sensor but i cant get any codes on it and i dont wanna keep buying parts and guessing has anyone had this problem before or heard of something similar

Old 08-22-2017, 09:39 PM
05 5.4l 3v s.crew lariat

Received 627 Likes on 564 Posts

Default Sounds like your throttle body motor not responding

If it is not moving, is it being told to move ? Gas pedal position goes to pcm ,pcm sends pulses to electronic board on motor to decode and move motor . Tps just reports back as to what it is doing looking for mismatch . . I would try and monitor the signal to throttle body with a scope or digital meter to see if pcm sending increased signal, if it is-- throttle body bad . If not then monitor signal from pedal at pcm .
My TB did fail intermittently going down the road and it would shut down engine,tps nor cleaning would fix it
You must write down each and every code .
My 05 had the bad series of TB it started with a 3 the new rev started with an 8. It was about $200 on ebay --oem , complete with new tps .
Be careful with that TB it can take your finger off . You could have had my old one but last august the hurricane flood got it with salt water .It was good enough for a test before that.
As you can see there are three adjustable resistors on gas pedal -labeled app1,2,and 3 that's all I know about that .

Old 08-23-2017, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redfishtd
If it is not moving, is it being told to move ? Gas pedal position goes to pcm ,pcm sends pulses to electronic board on motor to decode and move motor . Tps just reports back as to what it is doing looking for mismatch . . I would try and monitor the signal to throttle body with a scope or digital meter to see if pcm sending increased signal, if it is-- throttle body bad . If not then monitor signal from pedal at pcm .
My TB did fail intermittently going down the road and it would shut down engine,tps nor cleaning would fix it
You must write down each and every code .
My 05 had the bad series of TB it started with a 3 the new rev started with an 8. It was about $200 on ebay --oem , complete with new tps .
Be careful with that TB it can take your finger off . You could have had my old one but last august the hurricane flood got it with salt water .It was good enough for a test before that.
As you can see there are three adjustable resistors on gas pedal -labeled app1,2,and 3 that's all I know about that .

Okay i will try that i mean i was already out of ideas minus the things i had left thinking what. Might be wrong with it
But thanks for the info i will see how it goes on the weekend
Old 08-24-2017, 06:32 AM
Mark

Received 2,415 Likes on 2,116 Posts

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a few and then perform a throttle re-learn..