Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Need Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 09:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need Ideas

To start off, I'm new to the truck world. I mean I driven trucks before, but never really got to mess around with one, this is my first truck. I always messed around with sportbikes and mustangs, so I need a little help and ideas.
I just bought a 2005 SUPER CREW CAB, all white, my theme with it is going to be white and black, I'm not a a fan of chrome. I have about $1,500 to spend on it right now, but I need new tires, but don't want to put stock looking tires, I like those big fat looking tires (don't know what you call them), need rims and also I want to lift it a little, 4" or 6" lift. I have no clue what is needed to lift a truck or clearance to fit a bigger tire without rubbing, or a good brand or place to get a good deal. That's why I need help.

Thanks in advance
Attached Images  
Old 11-15-2010, 10:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Krazy
To start off, I'm new to the truck world. I mean I driven trucks before, but never really got to mess around with one, this is my first truck. I always messed around with sportbikes and mustangs, so I need a little help and ideas.
I just bought a 2005 SUPER CREW CAB, all white, my theme with it is going to be white and black, I'm not a a fan of chrome. I have about $1,500 to spend on it right now, but I need new tires, but don't want to put stock looking tires, I like those big fat looking tires (don't know what you call them), need rims and also I want to lift it a little, 4" or 6" lift. I have no clue what is needed to lift a truck or clearance to fit a bigger tire without rubbing, or a good brand or place to get a good deal. That's why I need help.

Thanks in advance
I'd look at a leveling kit. 2" autospring works great. Then i've heard people stuffing 35's under just the leveling. I personally have 285/70/17 BFG mud terrians. On stock wheels. But lets just say at worse, you can get a leveling kit installed and aligned for 300 bucks. You can take the 1200 and shop around. You may be able to find something on here with wheels and tires all together.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:42 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

U need more $$$
Old 11-15-2010, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by techrep
U need more $$$
agreed!
Old 11-15-2010, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by techrep
U need more $$$
how much, for what ??

I'm not trying to do all that at the same time, no.
Just that for now, all I have is $1500 to but on this truck to make it look nice than stock, but don't know where to start.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:17 AM

how much, for what ??

Just that for now, all I have is $1500 to but on this truck to make it look nice than stock, but don't know where to start.
Name:  stock vs. not stock.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  116.6 KB

This is mine with a 2" autospring and 285/70/17 BFG MT's on my stock rims. I found a good deal on the tires for $200, $75 on the 2" autospring. Mount and balance $80. New alignment and install $90. All said and done $445, and still rides as good as stock. I do wish i had the money to get some 9" wide tires.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by fend2ride
Attachment 26131

This is mine with a 2" autospring and 285/70/17 BFG MT's on my stock rims. I found a good deal on the tires for $200, $75 on the 2" autospring. Mount and balance $80. New alignment and install $90. All said and done $445, and still rides as good as stock. I do wish i had the money to get some 9" wide tires.
I wanna go a little higher and a wider tire, I don't need rims right now, I can deal with stock rims for a while.

Where does everyone buy parts online ?? Good deals ??
Old 11-15-2010, 11:26 AM

I wanna go a little higher and a wider tire, I don't need rims right now, I can deal with stock rims for a while.

Where does everyone buy parts online ?? Good deals ??
Bottom line.. You'll need new rims to make the tires look any wider. They are always gonna look skinny on stock rims. I would go bigger also, i just couldn't pass up the deal on the tires.

Also, i like tirerack.com for rims.. But they don't seem to have as good of deals on tires as they do rims.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

how much, for what ??

You stated above that you wanted big/fat tires, new wheels and a 4 or 6 inch lift...can't do that with $1500...U need more money...You don't have enough money for the lift ??? unless you can find a used one on ebay.

Last edited by techrep; 11-15-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think hes just asking what you guys/girls think would make his truck look better, $ will coma along after he finds out what he wants to do, so continuing to tell him he needs more money is pointless.

yes a 4in lift is sick and adds more hight than youd think, and id go with at least 20in rims than add what ever tires you want/like (must likely some type of mud tires)
agree with little to no crom. if you smoke out your lights and paint your stock rims itll look good until you come up with the cash for aftermarket things.
other than that its shopping around reading other posts and seeing what YOU like best.

Quick Reply: Need Ideas