Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Mirror options question

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 09:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Mirror options question

Hi! Right now I have the manual mirrors. I'm sick of them getting bumped and me not being able to readjust without getting out of the truck, so I want to switch to the power mirrors (probably won't wire up, I just want to get them in position and since they don't swivel like the manual mirrors, I won't have to keep adjusting).

The question I have is do they offer just the power mirrors without signals, heat, or puddle lamps. I'm not wanting to drop a fortune and don't really need any of the other stuff. Anybody happen to know? It's an 07 F150 standard cab if that helps any.

As always thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:05 AM
poopin.....on this thread

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

I have just power mirrors....no heat, no turn signal, no lamps. So they do make them.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:31 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Not positive, but i am pretty sure you have the power harness. When I woke up and my mirror was smashed to pieces i just ordered a new aftermarket set rather than messing with OEM. They look the same as stock but have these little orange reflectors on them. It was 150 for the set on ebay and the install is easy. And you can probably sell your manual ones for at least a little something to recover some funds.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by rubbinsracin
I have just power mirrors....no heat, no turn signal, no lamps. So they do make them.
That's reassuring! Now if I can just find out how cheap I can get them!

Originally Posted by sandcat1579
Not positive, but i am pretty sure you have the power harness. When I woke up and my mirror was smashed to pieces i just ordered a new aftermarket set rather than messing with OEM. They look the same as stock but have these little orange reflectors on them. It was 150 for the set on ebay and the install is easy. And you can probably sell your manual ones for at least a little something to recover some funds.
I wonder if the harness is powered by anything though? May have to look into that. Do you like your ebay ones? Can you see ok out of them (not too small)
Old 02-11-2011, 03:01 PM

ya i like them. They're identical to the OEM power ones, except for the little reflector. The only peeve i have is the drivers side gets a little stuck when its moving real far out so you have to power it down so its even then power it out. But i never really notice that honestly and other than that they're great. Here is the link to the ones i have (a little more than the 150 i said, but not much)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05...ht_4163wt_1167
Old 02-11-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by sandcat1579
ya i like them. They're identical to the OEM power ones, except for the little reflector. The only peeve i have is the drivers side gets a little stuck when its moving real far out so you have to power it down so its even then power it out. But i never really notice that honestly and other than that they're great. Here is the link to the ones i have (a little more than the 150 i said, but not much)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05...ht_4163wt_1167
Cool. Thanks for the info. And that's just a reflector right? Not something you can actually hook up to signals?
Old 02-11-2011, 03:55 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I had a Manual Mirrors and Added power Mirrors... There is No Harnesses in the Manual doors.

I added the complete power package, Mirrors, Windows and Locks.

The biggest thing is getting the stock door panels, that and the door harnesses.

Not a cheap option. it cost me about $600~700 to do it. and I did all the labor.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Nobman
I had a Manual Mirrors and Added power Mirrors... There is No Harnesses in the Manual doors.

I added the complete power package, Mirrors, Windows and Locks.

The biggest thing is getting the stock door panels, that and the door harnesses.

Not a cheap option. it cost me about $600~700 to do it. and I did all the labor.
Man that is awesome! Would love to do that but don't see having the money anytime soon. I'm assuming you had to get your door panels new?
Old 02-11-2011, 06:26 PM

Ya its just a reflector. They sell some other for i think like 40 more with heat and signals on the inside underneath the mirror. I should of done those, but i didn't know about the wiring, but i think i am wired for it. Oh well
Old 02-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Lineman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have power ones if youd like to buy them, I put on towing in the fall and still have my power ones in my room. Where do you live?

Quick Reply: Mirror options question