Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

LED headlights retro fit h13 -4x4truckleds.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 10:13 AM
05 5.4l 3v s.crew lariat

Received 628 Likes on 565 Posts

Default LED headlights retro fit h13 -4x4truckleds.com

Got mine from 4x4truckleds. Had them in for two weeks and I love them . I have a 05 lariat 5.4l .
I was worried they won't fit because of the clearance behind the h13 bulb to the steel post . I have plenty of room, the depth from the locking flange to the end of the led bulb is approx 43mm , I figure I had about 75mm of room so plenty of clearance .
The driver module was easy to mount on extreme velcro from home depot . I put it where the air flow would cool it . I live in fla so heat is an issue . I didn't want to have trouble with them so I bought quality lamps .
They are pure white and bright but I have no issues with drivers flashing me . Even pulling heavy trailers doesn't seem to be a problem . I now look down on yellow light vehicles coming at me, it is very noticeable to me reminds me of when buggy's used candles for headlights , but I don't care for those blue light type headlights coming at me either.
My headlights are so bright that I have ordered led backup lights from the same source , as the old ones seem so dim to my eyes when backing up now . I have an after market backup camera for connecting my trailers this will help at night . I paint my trailer tongues orange to help put the ball directly under the tongue .
One big selling point was the destructive test that 4x4 put out on submersing bulb in dirty water-- fan and all . It didn't fail . I also like his warranty policy ,seems very professional . And no I haven't even talked to him or know him , I have followed posts about him .
I may go to led taillights as a safety issue later . As I don't want to get rear ended .
I plan on leaving floods/fogs alone as they are bright enough and I don't use them much.
I will update as I get more experience .

Quick Reply: LED headlights retro fit h13 -4x4truckleds.com