Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

LED Fog light replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Ford For Life

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LED Fog light replacement

Hey all.

Looking to take out the stock hosing fog lights and replace them with new LED housings. Obviously, for the 04 there is no direct replacement, and that's fine. I just will pull the stock housing and mod in the new LED housing and wire accordingly. Just seeing if anyone else has done this or seen it done. I thought I remembered seeing that someone had done this before. Thanks!
Old 04-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Ford For Life

bump for more info/pics?
Old 04-04-2014, 12:05 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by lolubeenpwned
bump for more info/pics?
Hi.

Please - Have some pateince thar bud, folks have lives outside this forum and there are no "Operators Standing By", lol. Or - fire up the Search Engine yerself while yer waitin' fer info.... thanks

try these links:

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/oem-bm...hlight=bmw+fog

https://www.f150forum.com/f83/fusion...-retro-189783/

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/instal...hlight=bmw+fog

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/fog-li...hlight=bmw+fog

I'm doing the first one, having run the LED H10 fog bulbs fer a spell.

good luck
MGD
Old 04-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Ford For Life

I understand how the timeline works, but this forum is so active (good) that some requests drop to third page quite quickly and by the second page, most people aren't even looking anymore. Just like Google Search.

It seems like those are all retrofits. While I did notice that instead of splicing I may be able to find a harness adapter when I do find new housings, a lot of those seemed to be HID retros or bulb replacements, which is about all my searching has come up with.

I got this idea because I'm about 90% sure I saw that someone on here had done this exact thing. Basically pulling the stock rectangular housings and wiring in aftermarket, square LED driving lights and just aiming them low and upside down for the low, fog effect and to protect oncoming drivers from the glare. I was hoping to catch said persons attention.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:41 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by lolubeenpwned
I understand how the timeline works, but this forum is so active (good) that some requests drop to third page quite quickly and by the second page, most people aren't even looking anymore. Just like Google Search.

It seems like those are all retrofits. While I did notice that instead of splicing I may be able to find a harness adapter when I do find new housings, a lot of those seemed to be HID retros or bulb replacements, which is about all my searching has come up with.

I got this idea because I'm about 90% sure I saw that someone on here had done this exact thing. Basically pulling the stock rectangular housings and wiring in aftermarket, square LED driving lights and just aiming them low and upside down for the low, fog effect and to protect oncoming drivers from the glare. I was hoping to catch said persons attention.
That is what you can do with the X5 retro. Or fusion retro. Just some fab work. The wiring portion is cake. I think by the time you get an answer you would be done.

BTW - an upside-down driving light does not a proper or effective fog pattern make. By definiton a driving light HAS no pattern.

Here's the X5's pattern - spectacular - you will never match that with any driving light no matter how creative you get:

good luck
MGD
Old 04-05-2014, 09:15 AM
Dedicated F-150 Lover

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Look in my pics I've done it
Attached Thumbnails LED Fog light replacement-image-2794293002.jpg   LED Fog light replacement-image-2351754062.jpg  
Old 04-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Dedicated F-150 Lover

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Look in my pics
Old 04-06-2014, 04:07 AM
Ford For Life

Do you have a how to?
Old 04-10-2014, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered two led pods from carid.com. They measure close to 3.75 x 4.25 I believe. Mounted them today and they fit perfect. The only modification I had to make was drill about a 1/2 inch hole in the bottom center of the housing to mount it. Looks great and very bright. I'll post pictures a little later.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:48 PM

Subscribed

Quick Reply: LED Fog light replacement