Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Ladder rack on 07 suppercrew

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ladder rack on 07 suppercrew

I have an 07 f150 suppercrew. I want to put a ladder rack on to put my kayak on.
I'm looking at the underside of the bed rails in their is not enough flat area on the bottom to put a washer and nut.
How are people installing these things?
I did a search and came up with nothing.

Richard
Old 09-10-2007, 12:42 AM

This is a thule 422 Xsporter whitch you can adjust from bed hight to over cab.www.thuleracks.com
Old 09-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

check out the go rhino extremeracks, they mount to the stake pocket holes, and look awesome.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:26 PM

Richard,

Check out the Access cover and rack option - you'd want the high rack model.

I bought mine from RealTruck.com. The rack is actually made by Pro Rack and will accept Yakima accessories. They say they will also accept Thule, but I own a lot of Yakima's already and know they fit.

I mainly bought for the rack, but I love the cover. The rack itself is removable (very easy to do). As for gripping, they have fairly standard grips on the side of the bed. I found them very sturdy.

You can view pics of the cover and low rack at http://www.prorac.com/ The high version sits just above the cab so you could put a third Yakima/Thule crossbar for more support if needed. I actually purchased both the low and the high side mounts with just one set of cross bars. I will use the low mounts for my Yakima MegaWarrior cargo box, and the high mounts for long items

Yakima has a nice system for kayaks. http://www.yakima.com/ProductCategory.aspx?id=11

One last thing, you asked for a ladder rack...I don't recommend the ladder-specific racks for your kayak. They make some that fit on the side of the side of the bed but most are only wide enough for the ladder(s).

Let us know what you end up with!

Mike
Old 09-16-2007, 08:18 PM

Thanks guy's for the input.
I all ready have a rack don't realy want to buy another.
Been talking with they guys at Delta Kargo Masters, I have the older version and the new version just has eyelets on the side of the feet witch allows for their clamp to work. They are checking to see if they have just the uprights with the eyelets for me. Other option is to weld the eyelets on. Or sale and by another one.
Realy don't want to sell as I got this $300 rack on clearance for $150.

Richard

Quick Reply: Ladder rack on 07 suppercrew