Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

key is stuck...wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 01:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default key is stuck...wtf?

So last night I get home and shut my truck off and the key is stuck in the slot. I tryed to pull it out and it wont. It still turns on and off and doesn't feel like its draging or anything. I messed with it for a few minutes and just gave up. Any ideas?
Old 11-12-2011, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattman122
So last night I get home and shut my truck off and the key is stuck in the slot. I tryed to pull it out and it wont. It still turns on and off and doesn't feel like its draging or anything. I messed with it for a few minutes and just gave up. Any ideas?
Mine does the same thing!

Try this, push on the little silver dollar looking that surrounds the key while jiggling the key at the same time. It works for getting mine out.

Edit: You'll obviously have to use both hands while using this technique.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:20 PM

Mine did that once. If your gear shifter is down by your center console. Just push your gear shifter forward until it locks into the park position. Then the key will come out then. But idk if your gear shifter is beside your steering wheel. Hope it helps.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bubbachester

Mine did that once. If your gear shifter is down by your center console. Just push your gear shifter forward until it locks into the park position. Then the key will come out then. But idk if your gear shifter is beside your steering wheel. Hope it helps.
Lol I feel stupid. That was it. I went and pushed it a 1/8th an inch further and my key slid out. Thanks for the help!
Old 11-12-2011, 03:52 PM

Lol I feel stupid. That was it. I went and pushed it a 1/8th an inch further and my key slid out. Thanks for the help!
Ha ha, I did that earlier today! But figured it out that second lol
Old 11-12-2011, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife done this once and I had to drive 30 miles to get to her and when I get there I put it ALL the way in park and pull the key out! Lol she said well why did they make it that way!
Old 11-12-2011, 07:07 PM

Lol! Good point!
Old 11-12-2011, 09:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

happens to me every once in a great while, Scares the snot out of me but then I quickly remember to push it all the way in park.... Still even though I know how to fix the problem my heart still skips a beat

Quick Reply: key is stuck...wtf?