Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

its time for a class action law suit on 04 plugs

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 02:33 PM
dustin6119

Default its time for a class action law suit on 04 plugs

Any attornies want to get one started. the Plugs break off no matter how much care you take to remove them. All of the mechanics I talked to agree and several shops won't even touch working on them........OPD..
Old 11-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Received 1,686 Likes on 589 Posts

I am pretty sure that no matter what the condition with the spark plugs, the grounds to uphold a class action suit have to directly effect the safety of the vehicle. The plugs do not. They are just a PITA and Ford has issued a TSB for their tech's to follow to remove them as well as the tools to do it properly.

Unfortunately, if you decide to take your truck to "Bob's Garage" to save a couple of bucks and they jack them up since they don't know what they are getting into, you are on your own.

Hence the reason I always have and always will take my vehicles to the dealer for everything. I will never have this to worry about in any circumstance. Factory trained and licensed techs FTMFW.

Last edited by Lenn; 11-05-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:03 PM
corey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey you leave bob out of it, hes a good guy. but out of all seriousness there is a place here called "bobs tire" hes pretty cool
Old 11-05-2009, 03:06 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Nicely put Lenn, unfortunately the issue is still an embarrassing black eye. Am I blind or deaf to the problems of other car makers, are they having the same issues? I'm not buying the aluminum heads as being the fault, aircraft engines have been using aluminum heads forever. Its just unbelieveable.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Received 1,686 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by 91351
hey you leave bob out of it, hes a good guy. but out of all seriousness there is a place here called "bobs tire" hes pretty cool
There is a road near my wife's parents house in Deltaville, Va called "Bob's Hole Rd." Haha.

Originally Posted by Good old Bill
Nicely put Lenn, unfortunately the issue is still an embarrassing black eye. Am I blind or deaf to the problems of other car makers, are they having the same issues? I'm not buying the aluminum heads as being the fault, aircraft engines have been using aluminum heads forever. Its just unbelieveable.
Undoubtedly it is a spot on what is an otherwise flawless track record. Yes, other manufacturers are having problems as well. Check out Toyota and their new "Unattended acceleration due to floormat" issue and their newest "Structurally unsafe vehicles since 2003" issue. Honda/Acura had TERRIBLE transmission issues between 1998-2003 and GM has been experiencing transmission issues over the last few years that makes me think they are trying to rival Chrysler for the *****tiest transmission on the market.

Last edited by Lenn; 11-05-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you follow the TSB to the "T" you lessen the chances greatly. half these shops just go town and have no idea beforehand and then are pissed. do your homework, been around many changes, only a few broke overall. and if they broke, oh well, they come out very easily. good luck with your lawsuit, LOL
Old 11-05-2009, 04:09 PM
big cube 426

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 91351
also have a bobs tire here. nh
Old 11-05-2009, 05:20 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

You got about 10 years before settlement? I have been involved in a couple lawsuits and I have learned the lawyers are the only ones that come out ahead and you need to be willing to wait about 8 -10 years. The plaintiff if they win barely wins at all.

All cars have issues and most of the time it is the consumer that loses out. It is just part of being a consumer.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:21 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

FWIW- I just changed my plugs at 75k miles and followed the TSB exactly, Seafoam carbon cleaner ran through the day before, started with engine slightly warm, used plenty of PB Blaster, backed the plugs out 1/8 turn and let penetrant soak then proceeded with removal. They all came out suprisingly easy with no issues whatsoever. Just take your time and do it right and you won't have any issues.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:38 AM
dustin6119

Default Tsb

sorry, I followed the TSB exactally as well and they broke, I was patient and used a very light hand. the simple fact that the sparkplug contact on the ends is pressed on and not a solid or forged piece is just plain crazy !
Dumbest thing I have ever seen for do.

Quick Reply: its time for a class action law suit on 04 plugs