Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

installed HBS leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 09:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default installed HBS leveling kit

so today i decided to finally install my 2.5" HBS leveling kit. im very happy with how solid it feels. so i started on the right side and quickly disconnected everything except the sway bar. my buddy and i tried for half an hour to get the lower shock mount bolted in. finally realized we should atleast loosein the sway bar and we got it mounted first try haha. so they we moved to the other side and the UCA and steering strut were both seized in. we tried soaking it in WD-40 and it didnt budge. my neighbor came out and saw us struggling with it and suggested we heat it up with his torch. clean off the WD and heated it em up. after a couple wacks with the hammer the came right out. what should have taken an 45 min to an hour ended takin us 2 1/2 (with breaks of course ). overall if we had just fallowed the directions and didnt have the two components all seized up it would have been a really easy and painless install. i am very happy with the look of the truck now and cant wait to fill in the empty space with some larger shoes!

Before the kit

After the kit

kinda looks like the front sits up higher but my driveway is sloped.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Go Noles >>---;--->

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good man, just did mine the other day as well

Quick Reply: installed HBS leveling kit