Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

HIDS Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 10:53 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default HIDS Issue

Yeah.. I know.. another HIDS forum.. I have searched all over the HIDS posts and couldn't find a situation like mine. I have an issue that's been bugging me with my HIDS. I have a Bi-Xenon kit in the heads and HIDS in the fogs. All running off the stock wiring I must add with an adapter connecting them to the ballasts.

1. When I turn on my headlights on everything is normal.
2. When I turn on the fogs the high beam indicator comes on.
3. When I flip the highs on all the lights go out. ( I have a bi-xenon kit in there)
Are two wires switched? am i missing a ground?

Any ideas? I would really appreciate it!
Old 01-26-2012, 11:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the EXACT same issue last night when installing my 6k Xentecs. I figured out that the wires that plug into the factory bulb housing, have to be switched up. I first started with all high beams, then after about 3 or 4 more tries, got the low and high beams to work, but they were opposite(high beams were on when low beams were turned on, vice versa). After a total of 8 or 9 times messing around, I finally got them to work. Try it out and see what works out for you. Its dark here now or I would take a picture of the factory bulb housing to show you. Ill try to get one up in the morning
Old 01-26-2012, 11:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Also, the high beams could be going out because of a grounding issue(if youre kit comes with grounding wires)
Old 01-26-2012, 11:07 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Ah good. Makes me feel better. They sent relays out with my kit however I walked out to my truck one day and one of the HIDS in my headlight was on. I took the relay harnesses out that day and have had this problem since. I was assuming a wire or two just need to be switched. yeah if you could post a picture I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have a bad ground. If I was you just run the ground from the headlights straight to the battery. It is the best ground you'll get and hardly any wiring. A bad ground will allow your bulb to be in a continues circuit which will leave it on when supposed to be off. If still have a problem reply to the thread.

Quick Reply: HIDS Issue