Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

help before I make the decision to sell or keep!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 12:42 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default help before I make the decision to sell or keep!!

I'm thinking about selling my 05 5.4 3v. I'm a college student and I swear my back seat shrinks every time I clean it out. I'm not sure about any one elses 5.4 3v but mine is a POS!! I love it and its my first truck but the spark plugs are going out again and I don't have the money lying around to fix them. Nor anyome to help me change them. And don't get me started on the cam knock. I can sell my truck and pay it off and have a little left over for a down payment on something else with less miles. Is it worth it guys? I got 150xxx miles on it now. Just unsure about selling my first truck to go to a Tahoe (mainly for the room) that I'm not sure how much I'd like it. Is there anything I can do to keep from having to constantly change the spark plugs? Helpppp!!
Old 10-27-2013, 01:14 AM
King Lariat

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts

Put proper updated plugs in. Also Criminals don't look too comfy in the back of Tahoes so I wouldn't vouch for it. Also being Chev ;b
Old 10-27-2013, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by KevFord1993
Put proper updated plugs in. Also Criminals don't look too comfy in the back of Tahoes so I wouldn't vouch for it. Also being Chev ;b
Plugs were changed by the Ford dealership at around 120k. It costs me close to $1500 and I don't have that laying around to have to keep replacing them.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:33 AM
King Lariat

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by shescountry
Plugs were changed by the Ford dealership at around 120k. It costs me close to $1500 and I don't have that laying around to have to keep replacing them.
How are the plugs going in only 30,000 miles then?
Old 10-27-2013, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by KevFord1993
How are the plugs going in only 30,000 miles then?
They were replaced right before I bought them around 75k. I ran them till I absolutely had to change them at around 120k. They were messing up around 110k but I kept riding them until I almost broke down. At the time I was a broke high school kid now im a broke college kid. seems easier to sell than replace constantly.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:46 AM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I can tell you from personal experience that Tahoes, while comfortable and spacious, are only really good for just that...if you are single and have no kids or don't plan on hauling a lot of people around it's probably not a good idea. It's clunky, rides like a tank, and sluggish as all hell.

Then again, the ones we have at work have a cage in the back along with a push bumper and lights and etc that a civilian wouldn't have...but the thing is we have the pursuit edition, and while we have a pursuit package the thing is still sluggish as hell. Luckily I'm lucky and get the Charger ...although that won't be very much fun this winter with RWD lol.

Anyways back on topic, my girlfriends uncle had a Tahoe, he's single, no kids, used it for everyday driving, and yeah it's comfortable but it sucks down gas fast and you lose a lot of space due to not having a bed in the back, so while spacious it really isn't that big cargo wise in the back.

Just my .02. I have a hatred for tahoes, mainly due to the ones at work.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by muffins
I can tell you from personal experience that Tahoes, while comfortable and spacious, are only really good for just that...if you are single and have no kids or don't plan on hauling a lot of people around it's probably not a good idea. It's clunky, rides like a tank, and sluggish as all hell.

Then again, the ones we have at work have a cage in the back along with a push bumper and lights and etc that a civilian wouldn't have...but the thing is we have the pursuit edition, and while we have a pursuit package the thing is still sluggish as hell. Luckily I'm lucky and get the Charger ...although that won't be very much fun this winter with RWD lol.

Anyways back on topic, my girlfriends uncle had a Tahoe, he's single, no kids, used it for everyday driving, and yeah it's comfortable but it sucks down gas fast and you lose a lot of space due to not having a bed in the back, so while spacious it really isn't that big cargo wise in the back.

Just my .02. I have a hatred for tahoes, mainly due to the ones at work.
Ive found one its a 04 with lift keys and 35s that I'm looking at. Im not really concerned with It being sluggish I drive like im 90 bc I cant afford any speeding tickets and I'm really not trying to draw attention to my window tint. Although I do have a programmer that unless I sell it with the truck that will be going on it. As for the bed I dont use it much. Sometimes I haul a 100 gallon fuel tank but since we got a bigger combine I just pull a bigger fuel tank on a trailer. I can't put cleaning supplies in the bed (I detail cars and do window tint) bc it'll fly out or spill. And sometimes my mom has to drive my truck or I have to do stuff for her like picking my brother up and once you have all my stuff in the back seat theres no room for any thing else.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you are running bad gas thru your truck. The plugs are designed to go 100000 miles but from what your sayin they are lastin 30000 at that mileage there shouldnt be any carbon build up have you been runnin any fuel system cleaner thru it?
Old 10-27-2013, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky F150
Sounds like you are running bad gas thru your truck. The plugs are designed to go 100000 miles but from what your sayin they are lastin 30000 at that mileage there shouldnt be any carbon build up have you been runnin any fuel system cleaner thru it?
Tried every thing nothing fixes it. And nothing but BP 87 regular fuel gets ran in it. I used to run cheap gas from some family owned store around here until it messed my fuel filter up. Had water in it something bad.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:10 PM

Guys I decided to keep the f150 for now its closer to being paid off than the Tahoe I was looking at. Any suggestions on things I can do to stop the jumping? It hasn't got to the point where the check engine light is on yet but its getting pretty rough.

Quick Reply: help before I make the decision to sell or keep!!