Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 12:27 AM
SRH

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help!

Hey guys, today i was vacuuming my truck and since i have the rubber mats, water does not seep through from the bottom.

well my problem is that the passenger side floorboad is wet and it has not rained or have i washed the truck for a couple of weeks now, i checked the bottom make sure there were no holes.

any ideas what it might be, I dont think it is the heater core since it does not smell, and the water is just clear, could it be a clogged drain valve from the a/c? if so how can i unclog it

Last edited by SRH; 01-17-2011 at 01:31 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:34 AM
SRH

Anyone? Tried the search function nothing came up.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:07 AM
DIY

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

i think the exit its in the engine compartment, close to where the AC lines go in and out. if its clogged, yes, the evaporator can leak into the inside.... the number 17

The following schematic shows the 2007 Ford F150 Evaporator Heater Components Assembly and Parts Diagram.
Legend:
1. Evaporator Assembly
2. Bracket
3. Evaporator core
4. Heater core
5. Seal
6. Air chamber assembly
7. Upper seal Right
8. Blend door
9. Air inlet
10. Defrost/floor
11. Retainer
12. Air duct
13. Cover
14. Resistor
15. Seal
16. Vacuum reservoir
17. Hose
18. Seal
19. Outlet duct W/consolette
20. Sensor
21. Temp sensor
22. Wire harness
23. Blower motor
24. Wheel
25. Retainer

Last edited by picaflor; 01-17-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:13 AM
DIY

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

check here too : https://www.f150forum.com/f4/finally...r-comes-33164/
Old 01-17-2011, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's more than likely your 3rd brakelight leaking. Pull the plastic trim pieces up that cover the wiring trays beside the carpet, you will probably find water build up in the thresh hole trays. This will be from the 3rd brakelight. This is a common feature we have with our trucks.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

It should have come up in the search; more than likely you did not read enough into the posts on this subject.

The two most common areas are behind the battery (there's a rubber grommet that allows water to weep into the passenger side area), and the third brakelight seal.

Remove the battery to locate the rubber grommet. There's a large wiring bundle that passes through this grommet into the fuse box area. Use silicone to seal up this grommet.

If the third brakelight is suspect (passenger carpet wet in back or behind passenger seat and/or rear seat area), then remove the two long screws that hold the third brakelight assembly to the cab roof. USE A SMALL BEAD of silicone (no more than an 1/8 inch bead) on the third brakelight housing, allowing it to set about 15 minutes before mounting it to the cab with the screws. Do not mount it if the silicone is still wet, otherwise it will literally "glue" the housing to the cab, making it difficult to remove should you need to replace bulbs in this housing in the future. Allow the silicone to form a "bead" seal, in other words, allow the silicone to "rubberize". Place a dab of silicone over the two screws when your done fastening the assembly on the cab as well.

That should clear up a leak from these two common know areas.

By the way, Ford does not sell the third brakelight assembly gasket seperately; you'd have to buy the whole assembly which is a waste of money.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:03 PM
SRH

Originally Posted by Bucko
It should have come up in the search; more than likely you did not read enough into the posts on this subject.

The two most common areas are behind the battery (there's a rubber grommet that allows water to weep into the passenger side area), and the third brakelight seal.

Remove the battery to locate the rubber grommet. There's a large wiring bundle that passes through this grommet into the fuse box area. Use silicone to seal up this grommet.

If the third brakelight is suspect (passenger carpet wet in back or behind passenger seat and/or rear seat area), then remove the two long screws that hold the third brakelight assembly to the cab roof. USE A SMALL BEAD of silicone (no more than an 1/8 inch bead) on the third brakelight housing, allowing it to set about 15 minutes before mounting it to the cab with the screws. Do not mount it if the silicone is still wet, otherwise it will literally "glue" the housing to the cab, making it difficult to remove should you need to replace bulbs in this housing in the future. Allow the silicone to form a "bead" seal, in other words, allow the silicone to "rubberize". Place a dab of silicone over the two screws when your done fastening the assembly on the cab as well.

By the way, Ford does not sell the third brakelight assembly gasket seperately; you'd have to buy the whole assembly which is a waste of money.

ill try this, since it might ALSO be the third break light that lets water in, since the back floor was wet on the right side near the door and going through the front side all the way to the front, but not behind the passenger seat. THen the whole floorboard of the passenger side is wet
Old 01-17-2012, 04:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucko

Just for the record, i also had my 3rd bL leaking and i had to go at it from the inside of the cab on my 97. Had to seperate the roof lining from the roof enough to tighten the screws. That was the problem,just lose screws. Problem fixed!