Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Hell Bent Steel

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hell Bent Steel

ok so i just bought a 2.5" HBS leveling kit for my '05 FX4 screw. but befor i go to install it my question is how bad will it throw off the alignment on my truck? and will i need to get the camber caster kit to fix the alignment?
Old 04-14-2009, 10:54 AM
UrbanTerrain

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't use any camber kit, all I did was take it to the alignment shop as the directions with the kit said. I would suggest calling around and making an appointment before you install the kit. I’m guessing you have factory wheels so you shouldn’t have a problem. With mine I called about 10 shops and they all wanted to charge an extra $25 to $75 for larger wheels. It’s a pretty big price difference that’s why I suggest calling and setting up an appointment so there’s no surprises. I ended up spending $60.

Last edited by UrbanTerrain; 04-14-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Bruiser

Did the same kit a few weeks ago and drove on it for a few days, it hydroplaned all over the place in puddles and the steering wheel was quite a bit off. I found my local les schwab shop was the cheapest at 55$ an every other place was 70+. They did a great job and i was toed in pretty bad. Anyone doing a level should automaticly add the price of an alignment to the cost of the kit, you cant (shouldnt) get away with doing them one at a time.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Auto-illiterate.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the same kit put on about two weeks ago. They sent me right across the street to get it aligned immediately. They strongly warned me against even driving a few miles.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:17 PM

get the alignment done at a shop. i got mine done for $100 and i have a 6" lift with 35's
Old 04-14-2009, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm i have the 2.5 hellbent on mine and my alinement is fine(stock tires and rims of course)it must be fine cause i can take off from a standstill and not even have to put my hads on the wheel right away and it drives straight.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:35 PM

now the alignment shop i talked to said that the level kit would throw my truck way out of alignment and i would have to buy a camber caster alignment kit for $160 plue instalation on top of the alignment charge. has anyone had this done or is the shop trying to take me for every dime i have?
Old 04-14-2009, 01:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by theboss13f
now the alignment shop i talked to said that the level kit would throw my truck way out of alignment and i would have to buy a camber caster alignment kit for $160 plue instalation on top of the alignment charge. has anyone had this done or is the shop trying to take me for every dime i have?
Dude 160,holy ****,ya their taking you for every dime you have.Do this,go around to other local shops and and see if they can beat the 160(remember auto shops are also hurting for money in the economy and need the work to make money to pay the bills.Dude i **** you not,in the past 4months their have been 6 places in my area that closed up because they werent getting enuf business to keep their doors open.so shop around and be like hey just out of wondering,do you guys beat other shops prices for alinement.the worst they can do is say no,then shop around again brother..i just dont get it thoe,i have the hellbent leveling kit on mine and it drives fine and straight
Old 04-14-2009, 05:52 PM

so i guess my only question now is has anyone had to get the camber caster kit when they had the alignment after installing a leveling kit?
Old 04-15-2009, 06:26 PM
UrbanTerrain

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by theboss13f
so i guess my only question now is has anyone had to get the camber caster kit when they had the alignment after installing a leveling kit?
I haven’t ever heard of anyone needing one and I don’t have a kit on my truck.
Originally Posted by Rnger3rd
Hmm i have the 2.5 hellbent on mine and my alignment is fine(stock tires and rims of course)it must be fine cause i can take off from a standstill and not even have to put my hands on the wheel right away and it drives straight.

Just because you take your hand off the wheel and it goes strait doesn’t mean you’re good. It is impossible to put on leveling kit and not throw out your alignment. You need to go to a shop ASAP before you ruin your tires.

Quick Reply: Hell Bent Steel