Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Flushing injectors solved rough idle

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flushing injectors solved rough idle

I've seen a few forums on here about rough idle issues. I had the same problem. I had my injectors flushed and cleaned for $100 and it solved the problem!!! Hope maybe this helps someone else!
Old 11-17-2009, 09:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Ouch.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:36 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Could I ask the brand of gas you use? I have 84K on my truck, and I've never had any idle issues. I've never had the injectors cleaned on any vehicle I've owned.

I've always used Shell or Mobile gas, as they include additives to help keep the injectors clean.

I suspect that some of the gas stations out there that sell gas without additives may be the culprit for deposits and clogged or dirty injectors.

I suppose it would not matter if you use your own additives (added during fillup) or gas with the additives already in the gas, or just having the injectors cleaned when the idle situation comes up. I'm betting that your mileage will improve too.

Others may want to consider this when gassing up. Use a good grade of gas with the aditives already in the gas, or add a cleaner every 2nd or 3rd fillup. This way your injectors stay clean, providing continuous good mileage. Pay now, or pay later.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bucko
Could I ask the brand of gas you use? I have 84K on my truck, and I've never had any idle issues. I've never had the injectors cleaned on any vehicle I've owned.

I've always used Shell or Mobile gas, as they include additives to help keep the injectors clean.

I suspect that some of the gas stations out there that sell gas without additives may be the culprit for deposits and clogged or dirty injectors.

I suppose it would not matter if you use your own additives (added during fillup) or gas with the additives already in the gas, or just having the injectors cleaned when the idle situation comes up. I'm betting that your mileage will improve too.

Others may want to consider this when gassing up. Use a good grade of gas with the aditives already in the gas, or add a cleaner every 2nd or 3rd fillup. This way your injectors stay clean, providing continuous good mileage. Pay now, or pay later.
I only use shell gasoline! I bought the truck used and after the first week of ownership it I had a slight idle issue. It just kept getting worse.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:32 PM

In some small areas there is almost a monopoly on the fuel market. I talked to guys at my local Napa store, they said the same thing. The Shell's and Chevron's around here are owned by an individual that has many other stations. He gets all his fuel from one source and provides it to all of his stations. So although you fill up and a Chevron or Shell you still may not be getting the additives. Both the guys at my Napa stores said the the Chevron additive is the best that they have.

Quick Reply: Flushing injectors solved rough idle