Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

First post and need help and info.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First post and need help and info.

Info on truck...

I have a 2004 F150 step side, cold are intake, throtle body spacers, edge evo chip, and flowmaster exhust, im in north alberta working in a work camp and last night i was out playing in the mud, wasnt really bad mud but i had to use 4wd to get around in it....after playing in the mud we went back to camp and i went to go up a small hit to park at the top of the parking lot and i didnt notice the ground was mud, so the front of the truck went up to the front bumper and got stuck.....I tryed to pull back out of it but it just wouldnt move so i left it over night.

Well this morning i pulled the truck with are work truck and i noticed my check engine light was on and the info pod was saying tranmission fluid low. I check the tranny fluid and it was at the cold level of the dip stick and then the light went off on the truck, so i parked it and went to work.

Well i just went to go to town in the truck this afternoon and went i started driving i noticed the tranny fluid light come on again so i puilled over and added half a bottle of tranny fluid to it and it shows it as a bit over filled now. so went i pulled away again the truck had no power and wasnt shifting right so i went to the chip to check for error codes and this is what i got.

p0720 oss sensor circuit fault

p0722 output shaft speed sensor no signal

p0731

p0732

p1270

p2106 throttle actvator control system forced limited power

So my question is, did i **** the truck bad and am i looking at a costly fix, or are the sensors just really dirty and i got to get all the mud and stuff cleaned off the truck.

And what could be going on with the tranny?

Any info would be great.

thanks
Old 04-22-2010, 05:09 PM

hey wayne, first post here as well but figured i would do a little diggin' for ya....

p0731 is a transmission fault code. looked at a few different places and alot of people are saying the first thing to do would be to set the Edge back to stock and see if that eliminates the code. Dont want to be the one to tell you b/c i just got done swapping trans in mine but this code is normal when you have a trans going out
Old 04-22-2010, 07:27 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Crawl under the truck and make sure you didn't pull any sensors or connectors out.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:57 AM

i cleaned the tranny out and tried to see if there was anything unpluged but i couldnt see anything.

Why would my tranny be going it sonly got 140kms on it.

Im going to have to get it taken in to see if i can get it fixed.

If it is the tranny gone, how much am i looking at getting it fixed.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:05 AM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by wayner147
If it is the tranny gone, how much am i looking at getting it fixed.
An overhaul at the dealer is 12 hours of labor, so around $1200.

To replace is $2000 for the tranny and around 7 hours of labor, so just under $3000
Old 04-23-2010, 12:00 PM

where i am its 185 an hr just got labour, its crazy here. im hoping this can be fixed, i never had any problems before this with the tranny so im hopen that its just a sensor or something.

Is it safe to drive the truck to the dealer, because for me to get it towed to the dealer where i am will cost me over 500 bones or more.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by wayner147
where i am its 185 an hr just got labour, its crazy here. im hoping this can be fixed, i never had any problems before this with the tranny so im hopen that its just a sensor or something.

Is it safe to drive the truck to the dealer, because for me to get it towed to the dealer where i am will cost me over 500 bones or more.
Thejoys of FT Mac by the sounds of it. Have you tried resetting your edge? I had the limited throttle code after trying to blow up my old tires. Truck didnt like it apparently. Cleared the codes and set the truck to stock and it was fine after stopping for a bite to eat.

Quick Reply: First post and need help and info.