Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Figured I'd share my spark plug news

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Figured I'd share my spark plug news

I have an 04 f150 with the 5.4, and at highway speeds my truck drove horribly, and would misfire under any acceleration at all. I had 88k so I figured it was time to change the plugs. Took it to a local shop to a guy my grandfather knew. I used the motorcraft ones recommended and bought them off rock auto, and these guys installed them for me. All four on my drivers side broke, and had to be extracted. With inspection it costed me a total of $246.50 needless to say I was a little excited!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:43 PM
big cube 426

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats the cheapest plug install ive heard of so far. good deal buddy.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by mkoontz
Took it to a local shop to a guy my grandfather knew. With inspection it costed me a total of $246.50 needless to say I was a little excited!
thats funny, I heard theres a shop in your area that was making a police report becuase an elderly man came in and beat the $hi+ out of the owner and told him to charge a low price for his grandson's sparkplug change. jk

I payed just about that much after buying the extraction tool, set of 3 long reach pliers, the PBblaster and the plugs and then paying myself 0 dollars per hour to do it. you got a hell of a deal! some people have payed closer to a thousand with numerous broken plugs.

j
Old 08-13-2010, 06:36 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

And we all assume it's running much better now?
Old 08-13-2010, 07:46 AM

Well, now it doesnt misfire at all, and once my plugs were changed, I finally got to install my custom tunes from vmp, so it runs a million times better. With those bad plugs my gas mileage was killing me, even more so then usual.

And I wish I would have been able to do the plugs myself, I have done all the mods to my truck so far myself, and I would have liked to have the spark plug change on the 3V 5.4 under my belt, but since its my daily, I couldnt take the risk of so much down time if I would have messed up.

Quick Reply: Figured I'd share my spark plug news