Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Emissions Hose?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emissions Hose?

All,

I have a funny story that I would like to share. Last Monday when I tried to start my truck nothing happened. It did not crank or even try and start. I opened the hood and to my dismay, I found a squirrel's nest on the top of my engine. It was huge! It's funny b/c I drove my truck the day before and everything was fine. Long story short, that little bugger ended up eating through my windshield wiper fluid line, my ground to my wiring harness, a blue and purple wire inside of my wiring harness (which I have repaired since then), AND my vacuum line; or what I think is my vacuum line. It is the hose that goes into my intake manifold and to the canister purge valve (little cylinder black thing against the firewall on the right side). I was informed that it's function is to release pressure back into the intake manifold when pressure builds up form the exhaust. I honestly have no idea what the name of the hose or tube is called. I have checked RockAuto.com, the ford website and even amazon. The problem with Amazon is that it is telling me that part does not fit my truck. RockAuto is giving me a thumbs up but another website is saying that the tube I think i need is only for years '97-'03.

I was wondering if someone knew the part number for this particular hose or has encountered the same problem. I am repairing the ground tonight. I bought 12 gauge wire and instead I need 14 gauge. The vacuum line is frustrating me b/c I cannot seem to find exactly which one will work. I have used RockAuto in the past and have not had any issues out of their parts. They seem to be spot on. I was wondering if anyone could share some light on the matter.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 01-29-2018, 07:37 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Go to a junk yard and find a truck like yours for what you need.. I see no reason why you can't use the 12 ga. wire.

A photo might help. Also year and engine size.

Last edited by Arizona Tumbleweed; 01-29-2018 at 07:40 PM. Reason: adding

Quick Reply: Emissions Hose?