Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

electrical/trans issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 12:00 AM
Thettt86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical/trans issue

I am lost when it comes to this electrical mumbo jumbo that new vehicles think they need. I am
Working on a 2006 150 4.6 v8 2wd auto. When putting into reverse, after clearing codes with a
Appropiate snap-on scanner, foot on brake holding in reverse or moving, cel comes on steady,
O/d light blinks, and message center displayes trans malfunction. Only in reverse though, it
Does move w/ out any delay but an occasional thud into reverse was noted. Found 2 codes -
P0705-trs circuit fault
P1702-trs interm fault
Come right back after clearing. Took necessary steps in diag( atleast I thought so) and replaced
Trs, installing correctly w/ trans in neutral and lines on sensor labeled neutral in line. Now after making my friend pay $90 for the sensor, lights stayed off for 1 day and made a comeback. Same codes, same problem, don't know much about working on fords cause u don't really need to with the dependabi I really hope
Someone can help me cause I am stumped. Only starts in p or n and reverse lights. Looked for hours
On this site for other threads with no luck. Greatly appreciate any helpers. Sorry if the thread looks
Funny my computer is down and had to post on blackberry.

Last edited by thettt86; 04-24-2010 at 12:12 AM. Reason: didnt finish listing
Old 05-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Thettt86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

figured it out. using a flashlight helps to find all the corrosion in the connector. cleaned the connector and come to find out thats all it was. well at least if ne body has this problem, then maybe this will help

Quick Reply: electrical/trans issue