Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Edge programmer maps for an 05 FX4?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edge programmer maps for an 05 FX4?

Hi all. I have just received the last of my parts for my 2005 FX4. While reading the instructions (yup read them so must really love this truck) for the edge programmer I noticed a huge disclaimer about using it with any other performance mods. Since I will be installing this with a K&N coldair intake, a throttle body spacer and a Saleen cat back system, I assume I'll need a custom map.

Tried the Edge website but no help, so does anyone know if there is anywhere else I can download custom maps for this product similar to the Dynojet site where I get bike maps from??

Simplest method of course would be a Dyno tune and mapping session, but no one in my area does this for autos.

TIA!
Old 11-19-2009, 06:46 AM

you can do custom tunes with an edge. You can send it PHP and have them upgrade it to a gryphon and they can custom tunes for all your extras. Should cost less than $100 depending on what all customs you get.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Click here:
http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...read.php?t=121
Old 11-19-2009, 01:03 PM

I have a cold air intake, and cat back dual exhaust and was worried about "hurting" my truck when i installed my edge programmer due to their disclaimer, especially since i live where it gets to well below zero, but so far no problems at all! I figured that the people at edge are smart enough to realize that the people who are going to spend a good amount of money on a programmer are also the people who will spend a good amount of money on aftermarket products, not to mention people who buy programmers probably are not going to have stock trucks. My guess is that they put that to cover their asses in case of an incident where other mods combined with a programmer does cause an expensive/massive failure..just my two cents though...
Old 11-19-2009, 02:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the K&N CAI and full exhaust also, I got my edge last week, its been running fine since, I really like the extra power. I am going to get custom tunes though when I can afford it.

Quick Reply: Edge programmer maps for an 05 FX4?