Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Edge Evolution Installed Today!!

Old 08-02-2010, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edge Evolution Installed Today!!

We I installed my Edge Evolution today and I must say you guy's pointed me in the right direction! I only have it on level 2 because that is mostly I think where I will use it and man what a diffence. The transmission shifts are so much better than stock it worth the price just for that. I am sure this will improve my towing a boat, as well as just performing and running better.

I am not one to push a product that doesn't work, even if I paid good money for it, but I can say without a doubt this is the best money I have paid for a mod on this truck.

Thanks again to all the members that helped me make this decision.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea you gota tey. Level 3. There's a good difference between it and 2
Old 08-02-2010, 05:04 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a 4.6L STX 05 SCAB that is stock. I was towing a trailer with two ATVs and it really lugged down going up the mountain. Is this the way to remedy that problem? Will it help the transmission or harm it? Where is the best place to get one of these, price/service? How much will a complete unit cost?
Old 08-02-2010, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by stmar
I have a 4.6L STX 05 SCAB that is stock. I was towing a trailer with two ATVs and it really lugged down going up the mountain. Is this the way to remedy that problem? Will it help the transmission or harm it? Where is the best place to get one of these, price/service? How much will a complete unit cost?

I have a 5.4 but it made a world of difference in it. The transmission shift points are higher and firmer. Which is better on your tranny. I bought mine from Summit Racing because they have always taken care of me. It's about $360 from Summit. I watched the RMP gauge today shifting and I really keeps them up between shifts. I would highly recommend it if your tow anything you will love it.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:25 PM
I wanna go fast!

my bullydog does basically the same thing, and i agree definately worth the dough
Old 08-02-2010, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by stmar

If you are going to go the Edge route then I would go with a PHP Gryphon. Its basically the same thing but it has the ability to be custom tuned if you ever decided to upgrade your ride. www.gopowerhungry.com They are FANTASTIC when it comes to service also. If you have a problem, question or even a comment just call or E-mail and they get right back to you!

Last edited by Temptingfate_84; 08-02-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:23 PM

I noticed a huge improvement in fuel mileage too.I am getting a couple miles per gallon better than before.On a 100 mile highway trip last sunday ,
I reset the AMPG when I left and when I arrived home it read 18.8. Before the edge, It was 16mpg.It will slowly pay for itself in fuel savings.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Auto-illiterate.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's my golden question. What are the differences between this and SCT?
Old 08-02-2010, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by 06H0040
I noticed a huge improvement in fuel mileage too.I am getting a couple miles per gallon better than before.On a 100 mile highway trip last sunday ,
I reset the AMPG when I left and when I arrived home it read 18.8. Before the edge, It was 16mpg.It will slowly pay for itself in fuel savings.
Man I realy hope to burst your bubble but the edge lies!! It actualy reads around 2mpg high. So as sad as it is its not helping you any in the fuel milage department.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:20 PM
I wanna go fast!

Originally Posted by Turkey Hunter
Man I realy hope to burst your bubble but the edge lies!! It actualy reads around 2mpg high. So as sad as it is its not helping you any in the fuel milage department.
ALWAYS CALCULATE YOUR MILAGE. it so simple its stupid. reset the trip odo. when you fill up then next time you fill up take the miles driven divide by the # of gallon consumed. and you have a pretty accurate milage reading. i never trust any kind of electronic to do it for me. hahaha that sounds dirty....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Edge Evolution Installed Today!!