Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Door Panels

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 12:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Door Panels

Anybody on here ever recovered, glassed, molded, modded, or painted their door panels?

I have a 2005 FX4 and the leather part of the doors right above the arm rest on the door panels was starting to get tore up. So I had the bright idea to take apart the door panel to recover just that small part. Well Ling story short I wasn't paying attention and ended up drilling a bunch of holes in the door panel. Which is okay bc now I can put a decorative Bolt through them to reattach them to the door panel since I had to drill out the plastic rivets that held the pieces together.

I tried fabric, then the pleat her tonneau cover material and can't get anything to really bond to it. I'm really considering spot putty and a light layer of bondo, primer, paint, and clear coat it.... I would say I'm afraid of tearing it up but I pretty much already have so I'm considering it lol.

Anybody else have custom door panels?
Old 09-20-2014, 07:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nobody....
Old 09-21-2014, 05:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you tried contact cement to adhere the fabric to the plastic? I'm in the process of painting my tan interior black which I dont recommend, it's just not durable enough. Or maybe look into the glue from mobile sound solutions that crap is STRONG.

Quick Reply: Door Panels