Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Cruise Control mod?

Old 01-03-2010, 04:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Cruise Control mod?

I remember I did it on my Acura TL and Maxima, but is there any way to make the cruise control always "on" or ready to be set instantly?

It's not a big deal, but I'd like to just hit one button and set the cruise, rather than hit "on" and then "set". It was really conveinant when I had the mod on my other cars.

Any ideas? I remember I had to wire a jumper betwee two fuse spots or something.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That "ON" switch is more a safety/fail safe switch than anything else. I'd hate to be in traffic and hit the "SET" switch by accident and rear end the guy infront of me. Don't be lazy! Be safe!
Old 01-03-2010, 07:16 PM

thanks for advice....

anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Bronco II Nut

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

GM vehicles are already like this (at least my wife's '08 pontiac G6 is). there is an on/off button, but it stays where you put it. i pushed that button on when we first got the vehicle, and haven't had to turn it on again.

here's my assumption: in the on/off switch on the left side of the wheel, you should be able to take it apart and make it "on" all the time. maybe solder a little wire in place of the button (on the circuit board) for "on"

keep in mind my advice is worth close to what you paid for it...... but i thought i would throw it out there anyway
Old 01-03-2010, 09:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BJV269SS
That "ON" switch is more a safety/fail safe switch than anything else. I'd hate to be in traffic and hit the "SET" switch by accident and rear end the guy infront of me. Don't be lazy! Be safe!
you have to be going at least 30 i believe for the cruise control to work and if you even touch the brakes it cuts off so that wouldn't happen.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Raine
GM vehicles are already like this (at least my wife's '08 pontiac G6 is). there is an on/off button, but it stays where you put it. i pushed that button on when we first got the vehicle, and haven't had to turn it on again.

that's how the new TLs are too, a button that stays in the position you press it, rather than resetting each time the vehicle is restarted.

hmm, i wonder if i just bypass the switch altogether and just connect the two sides of the power if itll still function, just "on" all the time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cruise Control mod?