Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Camber kits for our trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 12:06 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Camber kits for our trucks?

Im going to be needing to get some new tires in the near future and before i spend that money i wanted to check to see if you guys have the same wear problems as me, mainly the guys with lifts. my front tires wear really bad on the inside, ive had it looked at many times and they say that everything is fine. so do you guys rotate your tires more often to help reduce wear? my rear tires are perfect and wear very even. what about a camber kit, i know guys use them on cars when they lower them. but this is kinda the opposite so im not sure if they would work.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Devil's advocate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Not trying to hijack your thread but are these 4x4s hard on the front tires anyway? When I bought my pickup, the fronts were wore very bad on the inside edge of the tire. My front end checks out good too and I have no lift/level. I know Super Duties 4x4s are tough on front tires, not sure about ours though.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:41 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm not sure. This is my first truck so I don't know a lot yet
Old 10-27-2012, 10:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by madeSICC
Im going to be needing to get some new tires in the near future and before i spend that money i wanted to check to see if you guys have the same wear problems as me, mainly the guys with lifts. my front tires wear really bad on the inside, ive had it looked at many times and they say that everything is fine. so do you guys rotate your tires more often to help reduce wear? my rear tires are perfect and wear very even. what about a camber kit, i know guys use them on cars when they lower them. but this is kinda the opposite so im not sure if they would work.
I put a 3" leveling kit on my 2007 F150 and yes I needed a camber kit when I did my wheel alignment.

Quick Reply: Camber kits for our trucks?