Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

BG Products

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BG Products

A family friend who owns a repair shop sells and swears by this stuff and recommended I start using it. He also told me I can get it online cheaper than I could from him, so that lets you know he isn't just trying to squeeze money out of me. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of/used the stuff and if so, what your experiences were. TIA
Old 03-13-2018, 04:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I use MOA on every oil change. Yes it's a VERY good product. I have a Roush Supercharger and run a bit hotter than normal at times (and FASTER!). The oil has been good on each change I do. I use Mobil 1 oil full synthetic and change around 3000 miles religiously. According to my mechanic there is no sludge, engine is in great shape, no issues at all. Yes I would recommend BG MOA and the other products they offer.
The following users liked this post:
KCCO_SHADE (03-14-2018)
Old 03-14-2018, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ArthurA
I use MOA on every oil change. Yes it's a VERY good product. I have a Roush Supercharger and run a bit hotter than normal at times (and FASTER!). The oil has been good on each change I do. I use Mobil 1 oil full synthetic and change around 3000 miles religiously. According to my mechanic there is no sludge, engine is in great shape, no issues at all. Yes I would recommend BG MOA and the other products they offer.
Thanks for the reply. I ordered a kit online that comes with EPR, MOA and 44K. I'm almost due for a service, so i'm planning on trying it out this weekend.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:05 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Excellent! The MOA is a must for EVERY oil change. It has provided peace of mind on the engine and the science of this is great. 44K is another product I use on an occasional basis. I also pour in Seafoam into the gas tank every few months to keep the injectors clean as well. I have hav no issues with the motor and I have 80,000 miles on it. I have a 2004 FX4 Supercrew with a Roush Supercharger currently programmed to output 550 HP with 550 ft/lbs of torque.
The following users liked this post:
Pierrep4 (05-25-2021)
Old 03-14-2018, 11:43 AM

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

This reads like a slick-50 ad from the 80's!
https://www.bgprod.com/catalog/engine/bg-moa/

-"Dealership service managers choose BG MOA 8 to 1". Why are dealer service managers selling after-market oil additives? Does the auto manufacturer endorse this?

-"Stop-and-go driving"?? Hello Pennziol!

-"Heavy, black sludge" Oh, no... modern oils can't combat sludge without this!

-"When installed by a professional" - WTF, you just dump the can in!

Originally Posted by ArthurA
I use MOA on every oil change. ...I use Mobil 1 oil full synthetic and change around 3000 miles religiously. According to my mechanic there is no sludge, engine is in great shape, no issues at all.
Synthetic oil change alone would have the same result. Since you have so much into your engine, use it if it makes you feel better, but oil additives are a thing of the past.

BTW, go team yellow!

Quick Reply: BG Products