Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

before XMAS to do list

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 11:38 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default before XMAS to do list

hey guys,

I dont think there is a forum on here about what you are going to be doing to your truck before winter and christmas. So I'll start off by what I will be doing and what you guys think.
First off my truck is in the need of a new engine, I got qoute from jaspers for $6500 with 1200 back for the core= $5300. called ford dealer ship and their prices beat jaspers $5700 with $800 back for the core bringing it to $4900. a friend later messaged me telling me to check out powertrain direct. called them and got an remanufactured engine of $3900 with $1000 back for the core= $2900 plus $75 shipping. i figured while i am at it, i should just replace my exhuast manifold and gaskets, now this is where I am stuck, I dont know if i should just get the cheaper ones for like 75ea. or get stainless steel for like 150-200ea. i am just thinking for the less headaches down the road.
i am ordering a 3" hell bent steel leveling kit.
Replacing the transmission lines and at the same time will be changing the front and rear differential oil.

in the future(after christmas) i want to get a flowmaster outlaw series dual exhausts, change my dome lights to LED. Add a PA system and get new antennas. and add the LED brake light under the tailgate.

here is pictures of my truck plasti dipped. you can tell the difference between the front tire and wheel well spacing and the rears. thats why i am going with the 3" hell bent steel. and if it is too much at a 1" block in the rear.

So let me know what you think of my upcoming events and stuff and let me know what you are doing to your trucks!

Old 11-12-2014, 12:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like you're dropping some coin into the thing in the next month or so. I'll be doing a few things shortly, 50" curved led bar, regearing to 4:56's, new head unit for my stereo and a bigger rear lift block to get rid of the squat I currently have. Been saving some pennies, almost time to start spending.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:00 PM
Some guy

Received 2,013 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Man, I wish I had that much to drop into Leroy ;-) right now I've got the K&N 57 series CAI in the mail and right behind it is an SCT X4 to tune it up. I have all the parts to change out my timing components... debating on also doing the lifters and rockers while I'm in there... that's an extra $270 in parts, plus the $140ish for the spring compressor.

Quick Reply: before XMAS to do list