Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Aux input confusion

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aux input confusion

Ok, here is my confusion, I have an 08 f150 stx with the 6 cd mp3 factory stereo, it also has the Auxiliary port above the radio in the dash small storage recess. The Auxiliary port does not work, radio shows no input, I'm pretty sure the radio does not support the Auxiliary input but here is my confusion, after taking the front panel off and checking the Auxiliary input wiring I discovered that the cable runs to the front radio cover and is plugged into the passenger airbag on off indicator. Connectors and cables appear to be factory installed. I don't think the radio is equipped for Auxiliary input because I can't find any place for the connection from the Auxiliary input to plug into. Amy help understanding would be appreciated thank you
Old 07-05-2017, 07:38 AM

Received 691 Likes on 568 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I think you're getting some of the wires confused. It would not be plugged into the air bag light from the factory. A 2008 stereo would have AUX support. It will be one of the wires on the 16 pin plug on the back of the radio. The AUX button has a few functions, it has been a while since I had my factory stereo but I believe you have to push the AUX button until it says "Line In" on the radio.

Quick Reply: Aux input confusion