Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Ac vents backwards

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ac vents backwards

Hello everyone! I got a 2004 ford f150. Had an issue with vent stuck blowing out at defrost. It is the electronic and not the vacuum type. I changed both vent door actuators. Upper and lower under steering wheel. It switches between defrost and vent now but is backwards on the vent switch. Any help with the issue would be amazing. Everything I pull up on the line is only about vacuum style.
Old 02-17-2021, 04:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anyone ever solve this? Mine is doing the same thing. When set to defrost it blows through vent, when set to vent it goes to defrost. The loose foam has been removed from the vent doors, so it's not binding. The motor moves through full swing, just seems like the wrong direction.
Old 02-17-2021, 05:12 PM

Received 826 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by Rckstr
Did anyone ever solve this? Mine is doing the same thing. When set to defrost it blows through vent, when set to vent it goes to defrost. The loose foam has been removed from the vent doors, so it's not binding. The motor moves through full swing, just seems like the wrong direction.
did you replace the flap motor before this started happening, or has it been backward for a while?
Old 02-17-2021, 05:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The flap motor is original to the truck as far as I know. I bought the truck with the vent door stuck. I removed the bits of foam and got the doors moving freely. I also replaced the climate control panel at the same time, only because the AC button was missing and it was driving me crazy. I bought a used HVAC panel and put it in the truck. I can't say for sure that it wasn't running backwards with the original HVAC controller as I couldn't tested it with stuck doors.

Quick Reply: Ac vents backwards